Ikea Sale starts Thurs 7th June

edited 5 June 2018 at 5:22PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
2 replies 7.5K views
lea2012lea2012 Forumite
731 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
Forumite
edited 5 June 2018 at 5:22PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
I'm off work this week and we had planned to visit ikea for a few bits, and to look at a new kitchen on Wednesday.
I've now seen that they have a sale starting on Thurs and wondered if it's worth waiting a day?

Is the ikea sale any good? We aren't going for big purchases, we need a shelf for our wardrobe, replacement plates and some fabric storage boxes so I think it's unlikely to be in the sale anyway. We plan on looking at kitchens for our new kitchen extension but our planning permission will not be granted until mid June so won't buy tomorrow either.

Worth waiting or not? Anyone had any bargains in the past?

Thanks

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 5 Jun: Flat-pack superstore Ikea is having a sale on selected items from Thu 7 Jun until Sun 1 Jul in stores only, excluding Exeter and ‘Order and Collection’ points.

If you’ve got a free Ikea Family Card, you can get an extra 10% off all sale prices.

For more ways to save at Ikea, see our Ikea hacks blog from March.

Big thanks to lea2012 for the spot!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
Lea :confused:

Replies

• POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We have had some great bargains from Ikea.

It all depends on when they change their ranges and they reduce the old stock.

We got our wood worktops for £20 each and our kitchen doors and fronts were half price.

There are also usually bargains to be had in the clearance area as well.
  • rachpidrachpid Forumite
    33 Posts
    We got an Ekero Armchair with Skiftebo dark blue cover for £81 reduced from £130. It was reduced to £90 then we got another £9 with the 10% Ikea Family discount. All of the colours were in the sale. We wanted an armchair anyway so this was a good bargain!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android

MSE App

Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools