Best morgage deals for discharged bankrupt?

A friend became a discharged bankrupt in April and has recieved only very high morgage quotes, so no go! Any help? :

Comments

• Willsnarf1983
    Willsnarf1983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    i can't help but u may find more/better help if u can put more details down

good luck

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • feefee_3
    feefee_3 Posts: 111 Forumite
    i have found charcoal online very helpfull cost £195 but have found me a good deal 7 the 8 % i had a ccj hope this helps
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You won't get a top rated deal if you have been bankrupt unless a lot of time has passed (10 years +) and you have a lot of equity (50%+). You will also need all the paperwork from the bankruptcy especially proof of discharge.

Your best hope is to get a 'high street' rate. That is from a main stream lender. A&L will sometimes do mortgages for bankrupts (min 10% deposit) but they can be very choosy. C&G will do the same but they ask for 25% deposit and a lot of paperwork, explanations. In both cases you need to get a face to face appointment as their online route kicks you off if you've been bankrupt.

After that (as you know) you are in sub prime territory. Between 1 and 2% above the high street rates IE 7% right now would be brilliant, I've seen 9.25%.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income