Can you reclaim for wrong council tax band if you no longer own the house?!

I hope you someone can help!!
I bought my house from my mother in law 2 years ago, having heard martin Lewis talk about council tax bands I checked ours as soon as we moved in and found that we were the only house on our road that was on band E, the other were all band D! We managed to successfully appeal, have had our house lowered to a D and have saved ourselves lots of money!!

So here is my question. My mother in law (the previous owner) paid band E prices the whole time she owned the property (less than 10 years) when she should have been paying band D, is she able to claim back over payments?
Any advice on this would be fab!!


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users... pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools