Completly FREE!! - Buy Nothing Day

Options
This November 24th will see the biggest 24-hour stand-off from the need to shop. Buy Nothing Day is day of protest against consumerism.

Saturday 24th November will be for many people the start of the frenzied run-up to Christmas and with this comes the out-of control consumerism of products and goods that the most part are completely unnecessary. How do you get involved in Buy Nothing Day? It’s really easy and best of all its completely FREE - For the 24 hours simply buy nothing......

The Ecotivity website has details about how the day works (that part is really simple), links to resources related to the day, links to the official website in the UK and world-wide.

Dont forget - Nov 24th - Buy Nothing.

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dotcouk wrote: »
    This November 24th will see the biggest 24-hour stand-off from the need to shop. Buy Nothing Day is day of protest against consumerism.

Saturday 24th November will be for many people the start of the frenzied run-up to Christmas and with this comes the out-of control consumerism of products and goods that the most part are completely unnecessary. How do you get involved in Buy Nothing Day? It’s really easy and best of all its completely FREE - For the 24 hours simply buy nothing......

The Ecotivity website has details about how the day works (that part is really simple), links to resources related to the day, links to the official website in the UK and world-wide.

Dont forget - Nov 24th - Buy Nothing.

Ok, so we all buy nothing that day, then go out the next day and have to buy the things we should have bought the day before and the things we need to buy that day.

What is that going to achieve, apart from letting the shop assistants who work on Saturday have an easy day, those who work Sundays work twice as hard!

It would be better to have a series of "If you don't need it, don't buy it" days.
  • lofielectronic
    Options
    Yep, this is the cross post allright :rolleyes:
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Also we should go back to permanent Sundays as a day of rest...do nothing, buy nothing.
  • Coveredinbees!!!!
    Options
    I didn't buy anything today and I probably won't buy anything tomorrow, why do I need to be told how, when and on what to spend my money?
    Nothing to see here, move along.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport