Aldi Wine Online

Aldi's online wine shop will not deliver to Scotland any wine which they retail at less than what would be the cost in Scotland under the minimum price per unit legislation.

As the delivery originates in England and that is where the purchase takes place, have Aldi misinterpreted the scope of the legislation?

I see that Tesco will still deliver to Scotland, and charge their usual price, those wines which cost less than the minimum pricing legislation in Scotland would require.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Logen wrote: »
    As the delivery originates in England and that is where the purchase takes place, have Aldi misinterpreted the scope of the legislation?

Are you sure it is delivered from England ? Aldi have a distribution centre in Bathgate
  • Logen
    Logen Posts: 40
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    dlusman wrote: »
    Are you sure it is delivered from England ? Aldi have a distribution centre in Bathgate

My last wine order from Aldi, in April 2018, was delivered by Yodel. The first tracking location was at their Hatfield Hub. This was why I concluded that the delivery originated in England.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Logen wrote: »
    The first tracking location was at their Hatfield Hub.
    If that is still the case , then yes -Aldi are not applying the new law correctly
  • Logen
    Logen Posts: 40
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 May 2018 at 6:41PM
    Thanks for that. I was going to say "cheers" but, you know ....

The Aldi wine deliveries must be originating outside Scotland otherwise there would be the potential for orders from addresses in the north of England being supplied from a Scottish base; in which case the minimum pricing legislation would apply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure