Asda scan n go

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
2 replies 2K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
The nearest Asda to me had Scan n Go installed a couple of weeks ago. The other day I tried it out. Most annoying thing is the handset will not allow you to scan any Whoops items. Yet the scan n go at both Sainsburys and Tesco allows you to scan and pack your reduced items, No barcode to scan if you are buying the loose rolls etc, which S&T have

Then when you go to the Scan n Go payment area, the scanner for the items is flat and very fiddly to scan products.

Does anyone know why Asda won't let you scan Whoopsies and loose bread lines?

I am debating to use this again as even though I don't have plans buying reduced items, I normally leave with one in my shopping

Replies

• glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The system is Asda is rubbish compared to Tesco, Waitrose and Sainsburys.

At the checkout you have to scan the barcode on the screen with the

scanner, then scan the barcode on the scanner using the checkout.

Then you find out the transfer failed and you'll have to rescan everything again...!

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nearest Asda to me had Scan n Go installed a couple of weeks ago. The other day I tried it out. Most annoying thing is the handset will not allow you to scan any Whoops items. Yet the scan n go at both Sainsburys and Tesco allows you to scan and pack your reduced items, No barcode to scan if you are buying the loose rolls etc, which S&T have

Then when you go to the Scan n Go payment area, the scanner for the items is flat and very fiddly to scan products.

Does anyone know why Asda won't let you scan Whoopsies and loose bread lines?

No one on here will be able to provide an answer, its just how the system is setup, send them an email though, maybe it will changed at some point in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals