2»

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 May 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Jack_Itin wrote: »
    Yes, I wish now that I had kept a screen print of the forecast...!!!8230;...I wonder how they update these things ?.....my real surname begins with the letter A.....or perhaps it is done with your NI number ?.....I think another call on Monday, to the same number that you used is in order......my only concern is that the year 2015/16 is not a full year, but I am told that this should not affect the final figure.....in any case, why would the Gov.UK website give a figure of £152.50 per week, if it wasn't correct ?

I don't think it matters that 2015/16 isn't a full year - that will have been accounted for when arriving at your foundation amount.

You and Mr S sound very alike - both retired early, similar ages, and both entitled to free NI credits for 2016/17 and 2017/18.

I think you'll find that your pension will be the £152.50 as per your on-line forecast - fingers crossed!
  • Jack_Itin
    Jack_Itin Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for that......no doubt Mr. S is in the same position as me, and will have to pay income tax again now.....annoying, but then speaking for myself, I am getting an over 100% pay rise, so can't be avoided, the same as Mr.S this means my private pension will be slightly less per month......the £6 per week extra equates to £288 per year, so as you say fingers crossed !!
    Retired (Early) April 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport