PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 12th May 2018

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 May 2018 at 6:21AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Sat 12th May 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining with white wispy clouds in the sky.

DH and myself enjoying first peaceful cuppas - I've just eaten my brekkie, after having a shower and getting dressed as I'm off to work this morning.

Dinner last night was chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I had a stir fry/lentil thing with gyros. Tonight we'll be having gammon ham, scotch egg, hot quiche, salad and either hot new potatoes or jacket potato.

Yesterday I was again quite productive, with jobs being done. I got washing line dried - that's been a load every day this week. I tackled the ironing pile too.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all and thank you for starting the thread nmlc.

I've been up for a few hours, have had tea and toast - slightly burnt, someone has had a fiddle with the toaster and I didn't notice. I'm telling myself that we all need a mix of nutrients and carbon is one of them.

I've knitted the skirt for a dress for a doll . I made yesterday evening. The doll is only as tall as my hand so not necessarily a lot of knitting.

Today I want to clean downstairs and tidy the spare bedroom. Also I need to get work clothes ready for next week. This will depend on my ability to stay awake, this sleeplessness is getting worse. Am hoping that it will improve once I'm not working but it could take me time to adjust as I've never not worked, apart from maternity leave. Even if sometimes it has been part time.

It is nice and peaceful and I'm sitting with window open, getting air round the house.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Its been raining in the night and is still a bit overcast here this morning, I am off to work so hopefully the weather will keep some people away.

The clients have been very challenging this week and its been very much hard work I am completely shattered, today should be a bit better as they are not in at the weekends.

OH is going to do the shopping today and clean through downstairs, I have a new lady coming Monday to have a look re cleaning for me its a friend of a close friend so trustworthy and she has a slot Friday afternoon which is just what I wanted
    :j fingers crossed she turns up !

Not sure about dinner tonight its not been bought yet but what ever it is OH can cook tonight.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Looks like it could be a nice bright day here so the bedding is in the WM and will be ready to go out soon.

Taking DS1 and GF to the station, they are going to Edinburgh for the day, will meet up with them in Glasgow later along with DD and BF.

Managed to plant out the peas and beans at the allotment last night, it may be a little cold for them but they were getting too big for their pots here. Didn't have to water them in as it was pouring down!

Just catching up with GW from last night. Have a good weekend, take care. XX
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, and thanks NMLC for starting.

Seems like a fine mild morning here, brightish.

Sorry to hear about your sleeplessness AOD. It's the worst thing isn't it. I've tried many remedies over the years, lavender on the pillow etc. What I rely on now is no caffeine after about 6.30pm, 2 Sle*epease tablets from Bo*ts, sometimes accompanied by a double camomile tea, I still wake through the night but hey ho. Sometimes I drop off again, sometimes I don't.

Yesterday, i met some friends at Dobbies for coffee, which was very nice. We meet up there every couple of months, it's handy.

I nipped out to the shops in the afternoon, for what? I can't remember what I went out for!! Anyway got some spuds and bumped into Dd, she was going to school to pick up Dgd. The baby is now nearly 6 weeks old, and seems to have had a growth spurt - he's lost that newborn look, he's beautiful. I went to the school with her, then said bye bye to them - she was heading back home and they were going to their caravan for the weekend.

We've started decorating our sitting room, in a slightly warmer shade, cream with a hint of yellow. I need new curtains as well, they'll be expensive no doubt, even if I make them myself.

Not much on today - will have to do some shopping.

Hope everyone has a good day

Take care folks
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

I woke up at the usual time and found that I didn’t have any internet access and it has only just come back on. I felt so lost without it, it just goes to show how much I have come to rely on it..

It was a bit fresher yesterday but still nice and warm, if not as hot as last weekend. It was still warm enough to sit in the park and people watch for while though so that was good. Hopefully I will be able to get out this morning for a while the rain forecast for this area isn’t until late this afternoon so I should be ok.

Every couple of months I have to clear out the cupboard in the entrance hall. It is a really large floor to ceiling cupboard four doors wide and of course it’s where everything gets put when I’m in a hurry or I just don’t know where to put it, and the time has come again, when it really has got to be sorted out. So that is one job for this afternoon.

Like Camelot I shall also be spending some time scraping moss off of the path. It does seem worse this year for some reason, or perhaps I just didn’t do it as well last year!

There is one load of washing to do as well, but other than that, thankfully there isn’t any housework that needs doing.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.
    Overcast here today so we will be low on power. It was so chilly yesterday I lit the log burner for a clue of hours, it's no so windy now so it's a bit warmer.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a fine and bright morning here. Steve has just made me a nice cup of tea and I am sat here planning my day.

The bbq was very nice but I ended up having an anxiety attack and had to leave after a short while. Unfortunately that coincided with the heavens opening so I got absolutely drenched on the way home. Once I had dried off and calmed down I was ok. Jemima is coming over with the kids today so I will get to spend some more time with them.

I have over bought eggs so we have 4 trays of them in the kitchen so I guess it's going to be a lot of omelettes in my future. I don't mind as I love eggs plus I wanted to make a quiche as I am sick of the bland and soggy ones you buy from a supermarket. It's so easy to knock one up from scratch I was just being lazy. I will probably make one in a minute and that will be lunch sorted.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • MoneySavingEmma
    Options
    Morning all,

Just a quick one as I finish my cuppa after a lovely leisurely breakfast in bed. Then I'll jump in the shower before heading out - just a few errands to do around town, a few bits to pick up from the supermarket, and a couple more bathroom places to pop into. Then we should have seen everywhere and can finally start making some decisions about the en suite! :j

OH is out tonight so I get peace and quiet and also get to eat what I want. Going to have something with sweet potato as he's not keen on them but I love them.

Sun is currently shining but rain will start this afternoon so want to get out while it's still nice.

Thoughts with anyone unwell or struggling and I hope you all have a very good Saturday :)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,047 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Bright in Glasgow, fingers crossed it's the same when I get home.

Yesterday I took DM to the docs and then shopping. All DM's heart test results were normal so that's good. She's got a lunch guest today so I'll be zooming off for the final bits of shopping before going home.

Nothing else to report! I'm off to shower.

Happy Saturday to everyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Sunny morning, there seems to be no wind, so maybe it will be warmer than yesterday; I ended up going to bed and putting the electric blanket on I was so cold.

OH is going to wash the car this morning, he did the inside yesterday.

The pile on the sewing room bed is growing, I am trying to be sparing in what we take, we always seem to take something we do not need. I will make up rolls etc on Monday morning for our supper Monday night. Gearing myself up to tackle the M1, M42, M5 etc.......

Bacon, egg etc for supper tonight, do not know what happened to the cheese pie last night, it came out very sloppy..........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure