What happens next?any advice appreciated

Options
Hi there,
I was contacted by Robinson say debt collectors last year saying I owe them £2409 for a barclaycard debt! This is not my debt but strangely I did have a barclaycard debt with them many years ago which I was paying £15 a month until I reached about £500 left.i then moved and got very sick and to cut a long story short life piled on top of me and I never paid anymore.
The debt that they are saying I owe is a completely different account, a different card number and reference number to my old debt with them as I still have correspondence.
I contacted national debt advice and they said I could've been a victim of fraud and to log it with the police which is what I did.i then sent them the template letter asking for s copy of the credit agreement which must be produced within 12 working days as I need to know what's going on! They wrote to me saying they would put the account on hold and would contact whoever about getting a copy of it.it has now been well over that time limit and I haven't heard anything so I was wondering what happens now?any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills