Options
2»

Comments

• kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Millymoo9 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I don!!!8217;t know where some of these numerals are coming from on my responses?!!!!55357;!!!56833;

They're from a software flaw that afflicts users of ... I'm not sure - iPads perhaps. I use an iMac with the Safari browser; they don't affect me.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Millymoo9
    Millymoo9 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Yes! I!!!8217;m using my iPad. Thanks
  • Millymoo9
    Options
    Thank you, I’m very grateful for everyone’s help.
  • Millymoo9
    Options
    Hi Michael , how do I stand with the figures I’ve given? Please can you explain to me in simple terms?
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,023 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't know about nest but last year if you earned less than 3600 last year you should not have contributed more than 3600 total to the pension of which in theory 2880 should have been your payment and the remainder the tax relief.

This year if you earn 4k that should be you maximum contribution of which 3k comes from your post tax income and remainder tax relief.

There is a way of getting rid if the funny numbers for quotes from an iPad, something in settings, not sure if it is iPad settings or on this site.....Try changing message editor interface on this page?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
    I think....
  • Millymoo9
    Options
    Thank you Michaels. I think that I will explain everything to Nest and see what they can do. Thanks for the link! Let!!!8217;s see if this posting is a bit better!
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    of which 3k comes from your post tax income

With gross income of £4000 for the tax year 2018-19 she could contribute a maximum of £3,200 into a RAS scheme and receive tax relief of a maximum £800.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Millymoo9 wrote: »
    Thank you Michaels. I think that I will explain everything to Nest and see what they can do. Thanks for the link! Let's see if this posting is a bit better!
    Just tell NEST your actual pay for last year and they can refund to you the amount above that or £3,600 after tax relief, whichever is higher. It's routine and the payment to you is called a refund of excess contributions lump sum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure