Presentation interview help

sukh38
sukh38 Posts: 115 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Hi,

I have been asked to prepare a 10mins presentation for a leading energy firm. I dont have any energy background experience but i come from a background of compliance and complaints.

The idea is to ensure the company stays compliant, complaints are monitored and measure have been implemented to ensure mis selling does not happen

I was asked to prepare the below;

We would like you to prepare a 10 minute presentation on the following:

1. What processes and procedures are required to control our face to face sales activity (door to door and venues)

2. What reporting and documentation would need to be available for our regulator in order to evidence that we are compliant?

Any help, ideas or anyone that has monitored fields sales would be a great help

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OK, I'll be the first to bite. Why, if you have no experience in this field, are you in a position where you have been asked to do a presentation on a subject you know nothing about?
  • sukh38
    edited 27 April 2018 at 6:58PM
    1. .
  • sukh38
    Smodlet wrote: »
    OK, I'll be the first to bite. Why, if you have no experience in this field, are you in a position where you have been asked to do a presentation on a subject you know nothing about?

I have experience in compliance and complaints in another industry just not the energy industry
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 April 2018 at 7:03PM
    google "energy sales compliance checklist"

Perhaps the second hit is the place to start.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sukh38 wrote: »

We would like you to prepare a 10 minute presentation on the following:

1. What processes and procedures are required to control our face to face sales activity (door to door and venues)

2. What reporting and documentation would need to be available for our regulator in order to evidence that we are compliant?

Any help, ideas or anyone that has monitored fields sales would be a great help
    sukh38 wrote: »
    I have experience in compliance and complaints in another industry just not the energy industry

It makes no difference on the industry.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Ja7188
    Ja7188 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Seems like a slightly odd subject for a presentation (assuming there's no more to it than the original post) as they seem to be asking you to present on facts and procedures, as opposed to how you would (for example) tackle your first 30, 60 and 90 days - which in my experience is more usual...

In any case, I'm assuming the real request here is around presentation style and how to best engage the interviewers, in which case I'd recommend taking a quick look at Toastmasters' articles around public speaking and presentations.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So, when is your interview, sukh38? Hope it went/goes well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure