Family management on PS4

I am struggling to use the parental controls on my ps4 and wondered if anyone can help me out?

I have two kids and wanted to set up parental controls as my eldest wants to start using online games like Fortnite and I don't want him running up any bills buying add-ons (which I hear is easy for kids to do without even realising!).

So I set up my own profile as Family Manager and set up parental controls for each child, no issues with that other than its slightly frustrating that my nearly 12 year old can't play Pegi 12 games now as the PS4 has his exact date of birth now.

Anyway, the most annoying thing is that now my own profile is restricted and I can't understand that - as the family manager I am clearly over 18!. If I select my profile and try to play any 12+ games there is a padlock on them, it would appear because the kids are linked to me through being family members.

I thought parental controls would work so that when I play I would need to sign in and be able to play anything, however, when the kids play and select their own profile, the controls would kick in.

I don't want to have to disable the parental controls every time I want to play something - is there a way to change this??

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport