New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Martin Lewis "advert"

3 replies 3K views
Given Martin's recent statements about "Not doing adverts" I wondered whether this thing that I stumbled upon this morning was genuine or whether they were taking our lord and master's name in vain?
https://finance-expert247.com/uk/mirror-martin-lewis-lends-a-hand-to-british-families

Replies

• edited 25 April 2018 at 8:33AM
    davetrousersdavetrousers Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2018 at 8:33AM
    What makes you question if it might be genuine after he says he doesn't do adverts?

It is clearly fraudulent. Listen to the common sense in your head!

• zolablue25zolablue25 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Well, thanks Davetrousers, that's me well and truly told.

I put it on here in the hope that someone would get word to Martin that the site should be taken down. I worded the post as a question as, funnily enough, I don't have detailed information on what interviews Martin gives on a daily basis. I did think it highly suspicious as I couldn't imaging Martin endorsing something as inherently risky as Bitcoin trading but thought it was worth actually ascertaining the facts before calling foul.

As you have now clarified that he didn't do this interview perhaps the mods can get the informaton to Martin that, indeed, his name is being used without his permission.

Whether it was genuine or not I wouldn't have followed up on the article as I'm not that mental.
  • edited 30 April 2018 at 6:00PM
    Jenna_AppleseedJenna_Appleseed Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 April 2018 at 6:00PM
    As I understand it from everything officially posted on this site so far :

This* article is one of the fake advert sites Martin already knows about, has already written blogs on this very site complaining and campaigning against - it's got nothing to do with Martin Lewis, it's not a genuine news story from the Daily Mirror either, it's not even actually the Mirror online website - it's a fake website containing a fake article, full of fake information and stolen photos. It's not even actually about Bitcoin either (it's really, really a binary trading scam/con "scheme" but they pretend' i.e lie that it's Bitcoin to cash in on all the hype now Bitcoin's trendy).

The whole page and everything on it is created to con people out of their money by lying spammy scammers who scam.

(* finance-expert247 's fake webpage 'claiming' to be The Mirror Online publishing a news article about Martin Lewis endorsing Bitcoin - everything after the words "'claiming' to be " is their lies. ).
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."