Forum Home» Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News

Google lets click-baiters post ads using Martin's image

New Post Advanced Search

Google lets click-baiters post ads using Martin's image

2 replies 2K views
Mr._DanMr._Dan Forumite
2 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I've been seeing ads served by Google that feature Martin's image.

The ad links to a fake Mirror style article about a "Bitcoin opportunity"

The same website with the fake article also uses Martin's image for Amazon affiliate links.

Shame how the Google ad network and Amazon affiliate network doesn't check who they deal with.

regards.
DAN

Replies

• MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr._Dan wrote: »
    I've been seeing ads served by Google that feature Martin's image.

The ad links to a fake Mirror style article about a "Bitcoin opportunity"

The same website with the fake article also uses Martin's image for Amazon affiliate links.

Shame how the Google ad network and Amazon affiliate network doesn't check who they deal with.

regards.
    DAN
    Same goes for Facebook - I think ISIS supporters could buy ad space on Google, Amazon, Yahoo!, Facebook, et. al. - those companies don't really care as long as the money's good.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • zolablue25zolablue25 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Same goes for Facebook - I think ISIS supporters could buy ad space on Google, Amazon, Yahoo!, Facebook, et. al. - those companies don't really care as long as the money's good.
    Still, think of all the tax they are paying the UK Government on those profits. Oh, wait.