One day at a time

Options
So, it’s a shame reality hits when a CCJ lands on your door and it’s going to be Jan 2024 when you know that will be off your credit file . You also know you’ve been sitting with your head in the sand for at least 2 years and there’s a mountain of letters still to go through to find out how bad it is . The worst moment is when you see the telltale paper trail from your 21 year old daughter sitting unopened also and know that your both the same - like mother like daughter in the worse sense . I’ve read so many diaries over the last few days and well done - so much inspiration ! It’s your legacy to me and over the next days we’ll be looking at these letters and taking it one day at a time .

Comments

• mummyt04
    Options
    First letter every day loans - now with Lowell - £4070.21
    Three mobile - now with Lowell - £386.49
    Three mobile - now with Lowell - £ 390.93
    Cashplus - now with Lowell - £555.45

Just scratching the surface
  • mummyt04
    Options
    My partner paid off the morgage comfortably whilst I had the consumer debts more fool me now 2 years later and I!!!8217;ve taken my head out the sand. I will beat these. More to follow over the next few days.
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, welcome along to the forum.

I felt the same way, that my son was copying me. I'm now trying to subtly show him the benefits of not being Mr splashcash and borrowing unnecessarily.

There will be loads of people on here with great advice regarding how best to tackle these debts. Once you've got a clear picture of where you're at you can start your journey.

Best of luck :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• mummyt04
    Options
    Hi and thanks so much for your reply .

I never for one minute considered my daughter would find herself going the same way as me finanacially. It really has been the wake up call that I!!!8217;ve needed to have these debts sorted out once and for all.

I!!!8217;ve got a few million letters still waiting to be opened so once I have done that I will be back with my current debt level.
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on acknowledging your situation and taking steps to put things right. I have a daughter who is nearly 21, and whilst she has got debt (apart from student finance for uni) she does like to spend. I too am subtlety trying to guide her, bits it's so difficult in a consumer driven world isn't it xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shimy new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure