Comments

• pennyforthepot
    pennyforthepot Posts: 652 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    £1.15 sounds good to me.
    Enjoy your weekend :)

Oh I am Beanielou, I am:)

Waking to blue skies, the sun streaming in, gulls cawing and the waves gently rolling . stepping onto my balcony from my bedroom to sip my coffee and watch the world go by = priceless. Today, my MS friends, I am the richest woman on earth.

PFTP x
    Goal:to save £16,000 by 30/09/2019 claw back rental costs
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    oh i am beanielou, i am:)

waking to blue skies, the sun streaming in, gulls cawing and the waves gently rolling . Stepping onto my balcony from my bedroom to sip my coffee and watch the world go by = priceless. Today, my ms friends, i am the richest woman on earth.

Pftp x

:d :d :d
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    oh i am beanielou, i am:)

waking to blue skies, the sun streaming in, gulls cawing and the waves gently rolling . Stepping onto my balcony from my bedroom to sip my coffee and watch the world go by = priceless. Today, my ms friends, i am the richest woman on earth.

Pftp x

:d :d :d
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• pennyforthepot
    Options
    Well what glorious weather we've been having. Back from Brighton to my other life, some times it's just too complicated! Not much spent this weekend as I cooked on Friday and then made an enormous brunch which we sat out and ate on the balcony and it actually saw us through the day. We had breakfast at the beach cafe which was a lovely treat on Sunday morning and that was about it. Haven't totted it up yet but we should have a fair amount to carry over or put to a weekend away.

I did a cost analysis for my breakfast the other day and it was a useful exercise. I have porridge, banana, nuts, seeds and berries. It totalled £1.15 (same as my lunch) which I think is too high. The breakdown is interesting (I may be pushing that a little!) a whopping 89p of that goes on the berries alone and only 29p on the rest. I'm not willing to compromise on the nutritional value of the berries as they are very high in antioxidants which fight cancer causing free radicals but by swopping fresh for frozen I can save myself 59p per serving which comes to a saving of over £200 per year.

I do believe that people too often overlook that the culmination of making small changes can add up to massive savings through out the year.

£12.81 - daily available spend. Up 49p

£333 - remaining in the cash pot

£1.12 - 3 day average electricity cost (that's more like it)

Off to enjoy the sun whilst it lasts

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Sounds like a glorious weekend - the perfect weather for it!

We have recently reverted to frozen berries, it's soooo much cheaper. And both of them come packed in plastic, so it's limited difference on the plastic front.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I agree with the frozen berries being cheaper. I go organic for berries and was paying a small fortune that I could not afford. I now get them frozen from Waitr0se (only place I can find organic frozen berries) they cost £3.35 but I control the portion so they last really well. I add grated apple to bulk it up. I have the same breakfast as you except apple and not banana. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • pennyforthepot
    Options
    Thanks TOPM and DoingitAnyway. I lurve my breakfast - I use really manky old bananas, slice it and cook it up with the porridge to bring out the bananary sweetness. I also chop up a date and add cinnamon and nutmeg. Nom nom nom - making me hungry. :)
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • pennyforthepot
    edited 7 May 2018 at 7:23PM
    Options
    Wow - what a glorious bank holiday weekend, shame it's nearly over.

Had a fairly MS day. Just a small spend at Tescos for a couple of bits I'd run out of. I haven't quite got into the swing of the weekly shop yet, I'm so used to doing it daily and Asda where I want to go is 10 miles away so I have to plan my shops carefully. Cooked up some black beans which are now in the freezer along with my chick peas and kidney beans, and made some jam tarts out of the half block of GF pastry that's been sat in the freezer for a good year! Slowly getting through my use it up challenge.

I forgot to mention that on Saturday I picked up a couple of xmas stocking fillers from Tiger. I do them for DCs and their partners so I've decided this year I'm going buy them through out the year rather than all the pressure at Christmas. They've got some great, useful bits in there - well worth a visit.

Scores on the Doors Today:
    • £3.88 - food spend
    • 12p - to OP pot
    • £1.12 electricity daily cost
    • £329 - left in my cash pot
    • £13.71 - daily available spend. Up 49p

PFTP X
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • beanielou
    Options
    My nearest tiger has closed down.
    It wasent around long.

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    I can never cope with buying Christmas stuff through the year - I've tried it twice and both times just ended buying 20x as much stuff because I kept forgetting what I had. Although I quite enjoy the shopping as part of the build up to Christmas, so as long as I save properly this year (which would be a bit of a first), that works well.

We had a glorious BH weekend too, not looking forward to getting nose back to grindstone tomorrow!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure