What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 16th April?

Options

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,131 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thursday Friends,
    My efforts today have been rather sandwiched between a long meeting this morning, & the arrival of the plumber (yay!!) this afternoon. Hence a short list of money saving activity:
    *mr f dropped me off & collwcted mw from my meeting which saved £4.50 in parking.
    *Final grocery shop of this month's budget came in under target again. We have £22 left!!
    *Hurrah for shoving leftovers in the freezer & for batch cooking - made lovely veggie fajhitas tonight using the slow cooker refried beans I batch-cooked a while back plus 2 leftover tortilla wraps. With the addition of veg & grated cheese, they were bloomin' lovely!
    *Soup from freezer for tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Posted an ebay parcel.
    *Free fitness digging & raking bean bed.
    *Mr f planted seed potatoes.
    Not money saving: Plumber bill to pay BUT could have been a lot worse as we had a spare tap in the loft so didn't need to buy a new one.
    *Entered a competition.
    *Watered baby veggie plants.
    *Stayed out of the bike shop....haven't quite finished my research so can do without an impulse buy.
    *Cat stayed out of trouble all day & managed to avoid local hoodlum cat.
    Really tired now,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Late post for me today, didn't have time this morning as was up and out. Very intense course today, more of the same tomorrow. Took snacks with me so wasn't tempted by biscuits in the room :A drank lots of water too.

Came home and did a hiit workout and yoga from YT, DH wasn't Home so no chance of going to the gym but felt I needed to do something. Was relaxing (well not the hiit workout, but hopefully burned a few calories)

Dd and I had a shower each with plug in, then bathed small in said water

Got quiche out for one packed lunch tomorrow, DH having last of enchiladas I cooked on Monday. Got chicken out for tomorrow's tea.

Put 2 loads of washing away and last bit from yesterday off line, will put a wash on overnight tonight and peg out in the morning.

Have checked banking, all ok. Will check for surveys tomorrow night and hopefully get in the garden for an hour when I'm back which would be a relaxing end to the week and I can finally plant my fruit trees before they are permanently dwarfed as they can only grown in the pots they came in at the moment.

Right off to bed. Purps.
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.

Stil plodding along nicely here - my pay day next week so I'm stretching the pennies and getting into my overdraft again but that is happening later and later every month so I'm quite content with that.

:A watered my veggies - looks like a few of my potatoes have germinated and the rhubarb is thriving :D
    :A used ys 10p bagels to make homemade pizzas for smalls tea - went down v. Well and still have enough bagels for two more meals.
    :A used leftover flour and dregs of jam to make fatless jam sponge - kids loved if and ate the lot!
    :A sorted dd with electricity company - it will now be £89 instead of £133 pm
    :A ordered new door handles off @mazon using survey vouchers
    :A mended my own broken gate
    :A mums birthday tomorrow so dug in the craft box and got the smalls to make cards
    :A bought mum a tree - only £7 but hopefully she'll like it - she prefers practical gifts
    :A mum gave me a dozen eggs from her hens
    :A cashed out from surveys over £16 this week - gone to debt jar
    :A heating firmly switched off now
    :A meal plan and shopping list started
    :A free cereal bar from kelloggs website
    :A DH's payday tomorrow so emptied purse and I'm £53.29 under budget this week :D

Think thats about it for now
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 April 2018 at 7:11AM
    Options
    Morning - whoop it's my weekend & the weather is glorious :dance: I plan to spend my time effectively today - no frittering time online :naughty:

Today:

* have order a disco lightbulb for a friend's daughter's birthday gift - she's a real party girl so thought that would be ideal. Researched, and got it at the best price I could
    * do load of washing & put away mounting washing pile
    * make list of things needed to make a body form for craft evening I am going to tomorrow :D
    * purchase said items
    * no need to buy madam sweets today (Friday night treat ;) ) as I picked some up ys the other day :money:
    * all meals from stores
    * bung bns into the sc to make soup
    * go to the allotment for a couple of hours
    * sow seeds
    * investigate the leak in the bathroom & fix ourselves if possible (as apposed to getting a plumber out like oh wants
    * wrap & post a fleabay sale using recycled packaging ;)
    * write meal plan and shopping list
    * slice & freeze 2 packs of ys mushrooms picked up yesterday

Going out tonight dancing with a group of girlfriend's :beer: should be lots of fun! Staying at BFF's rather than getting a taxi home $$$ :money:

Anyway better start thinking of getting ready.... Have a great day y'all
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Ok....

Get car ins renewal. Last year £396. This year £364.

Not bad methinks. But now I need to tell them about hubby getting 3 points for speeding.

Call car ins people. Tell them. Lady very nice. Goes through all details.. yep yep yep.

"ok", she says. "I've applied as much discount as I can and your renewal is £278.14".

I'm confused but happy :rotfl:

Brill! Who are these people? Maybe we should all get insurance with them! lol
    MBNA (Was £2000), Now £2, 900 (Expected date Dec/2020)
    CAR (Was £300) Now
    £2, 000 (Interest free loan from family member)

**Want to be on my way to being debt free for 42**
  • Morning!
    Working O/T today. Its not that bad, working til 4pm (we only have 30mins for luch to make up for the early finish on a Friday) but rubbish when everyone leaves at lunchtime.
    Been working really hard not to have take aways (was *very* tempted last night when OH was working) so going to Morrisons's afterwork to get a couple of their deli take away pizzas as a treat to put in the oven, and also to buy ingredients for making a curry tomorrow night.
    I get paid a week today. I *think* all my D/D and S/O have come off, and I have worked out that if I am very good and not too "spendy" I will have £400 left at the end of the month.I am going to keep checking my balances every day to keep track and also keep me motivated. Wish me luck!
    MBNA (Was £2000), Now £2, 900 (Expected date Dec/2020)
    CAR (Was £300) Now
    £2, 000 (Interest free loan from family member)

**Want to be on my way to being debt free for 42**
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    * Work

* Work

* Work

* Admire free wildlife on way to work. Barn Owl this morning.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,131 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Friday Folk,
    Beautiful sunshine here. A bit of a money saving list to kick in, nothing exciting, but it all helps:
    *Cleaned whole house using washable microfibre cloths & minimal products.
    *Changed all towels, tea towels, etc. Decided to go against my usual policy of overnight laundry on the cheap tariff so as to make use of free drying weather.
    *Tweaked meal plans as something for tonight's meal hasn't been prepared in time, so thought a cheeky little change of meal would stop any hankering after a takeaway....an absolute no-no for both the budget at this late stage of the month & for the chances of me fitting in a nice slinky garment I used to be able to wear without looking like a black pudding.
    *Entered 1 prize draw.
    *Did a few surveys.
    *Water baby veggie plants.
    *An hour of gardening planned for this afternoon.....am still very behind.
    *Topped up mr f's bath bubbles with cheaper stuff i'm trying to use up. It's made it a paler purple, but I don't think he'll notice.
    *Updated grocery budget. £22 left from April's budget. Will add it to next month's as it will help with the fish box.....think it's Grimsby Fish Man time again in May.
    *Judging by this month's underspend, my new healthy non-bread based lunches are not having any adverse effect on the grocery budget. I have planned them based on things like brown basmati, quinoa, edamame beans or other pulses, baked sweet potatoes, etc, with a protein serving plus stuff for healthy oils....avocado, nuts, seeds, etc. Then other little saladdy things like a few olives, lemon juice, etc. Early days, but think my mid-afternoon slump might not be as noticeable. And as my whole lunch has to come in at a max calorie count of 400, these ingredients are going to last a while, so more economical than I thought.
    *Paid 2 x 50ps into my sealed pot & rounded up small change for the shrapnel bowl.
    *Took a few more useful recycled items down to the shed to be re-purposed in the veggie garden.
    That'll be it for today. Intend to have a lovely bath & pamper later, & paint my toenails, as the sandals have actually made it out of the wardrobe today!
    *Update DFW diary.
    Nice, as always, to read what you've all been up to.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I haven't been on here since Easter it has been a high and spendy month. I was beating myself up about it but when I have looked it has all been on sensible stuff and is accountable.

- Extra childcare cost to cover Easter holidays
    - Booked summer hols to stay near a friend in the UK
    - We have started the process to adopt some Guinea pigs, we got a bargain cage whilst there for less than half price and all the stuff needed, I have had to by a run and ebay has some great ones for a not much more than if I made one myself.
    - DD has started swimming again unplanned but she had got to the top of the waiting list so have signed up for that again an unplanned cost

Life in general is good, I have meal planned, cooked from scratch and we have used free entertainment passes over the Easter hols so all is good, I am expecting next month to be less spendy.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

Another beautiful day, today we have:

Checked Bank & made PAD
    DH cleaned bathroom
    Washing & line dry
    4 miles through local parks
    Free can SF Red Bull (enjoyed this evening with a mini vodka - from a wedding in 2012 :rotfl:)
    Ordered new prescription prepayment (8 meds a day = saves me a fortune)
    Purged a few emails
    Entered a few comps
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL, WinaDinner

Night all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories