MSE Poll: What have you taken from a hotel room?

13»

Comments

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,600
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The worst things I took were disposable biro and little notepad from Days Inn when they still provided them. I’d tend to see those as being on the ragged edge of the debate, and so now feel a bit cheap for having trousered them . . .
  • The worst things I took were disposable biro and little notepad from Days Inn when they still provided them. I’d tend to see those as being on the ragged edge of the debate, and so now feel a bit cheap for having trousered them . . .

If they were branded, which they usually are, it's free advertising for them. Everyone's a winner :)
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The white towelling mule slippers - very often with the hotel name embroidered - you really have to take as you've worn them, so nobody else would use them.
  • I work in a hotel. Some people take everything they can. We have had several docking stations taken. The broadband router from one of the corridors was taken once. Cushions, throws pillows bedding and towels have been stolen before. Someone swapped there old rubbish hairdryers for our newer ones. (Our irons are rubbish. Noone has ever taken one of those.)

You are expected to take the slippers. They will be thrown away when you are gone. But leave the bath robe.
    We have really nice branded water bottles. People take these you are not supposed to. They are sterilised then refilled and sealed by staff. We expect pens, tea/coffee, sewing kits, toiletries to be taken. Its not stealing we will give you extra free ones if you ask.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,728
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why isn't there an option for 'the bed' in the poll?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure