Options
2»

Comments

• anfieldred
    anfieldred Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    feekerry wrote: »
    It was Kensington but as I say my credit history was much worse than yours

Thanks again for the quick reply. I feel like an !!!!!! querying my broker for going with Clydesdale, but if it says on their site its max 80% LTV it seems like its a lost cause.
  • pepperpop
    pepperpop Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I would ask the question remember they are providing you with a service - you want to ensure you get a successful outcome - definitely ask if it puts your mind at ease.
  • feekerry
    feekerry Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn’t see the deal I got on the lenders website. Was a few different rates/fees ltv but I got a slightly better one than I could see on their website so I think brokers can get ‘other’ deals than those advertised
  • anfieldred
    Options
    Asked is it worth pursuing as they say they can only go to 80% LTV for debt consolidation, just waiting on a reply from broker
  • pepperpop
    pepperpop Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    i am in the process of trying to remortgage for debt consolidation with them but we are 78% liv
  • anfieldred
    edited 24 April 2018 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Phoned my broker for an update and it looks like I've got to go down the secured route
  • anfieldred
    Options
    anfieldred wrote: »
    Asked is it worth pursuing as they say they can only go to 80% LTV for debt consolidation, just waiting on a reply from broker

Finally got a reply, and was told this was the outcome.

Am I !!!!ing in the wind here?
  • Lauralou79
    Lauralou79 Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    Go over to the debt free wannabe board. There maybe other solutions and they are very helpful there too. Consolidation doesn't always work as you don't deal with your spending so it happens again.
    I had minor debts in my early 20s and consolidated with a £8000 loan to reduce my payments many years ago. Then I ran my credit card and overdraft back up too so it didn't work. I ended up paying everything back the hard way it took 6 years: Just glad I didn't have a mortgage back then!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I agree. Debt consolidation doesn't work - it just moves non-priority debt to a more dangerous place. See you on the DFW board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure