🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daily Mail rewards club thread 4

Options

Comments

• shortone
    shortone Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would anyone have a spare Wednesday code?

Tia
  • Stob
    Stob Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    I would appreciate a Tuesday and/or Wednesday code please if any spares TIA

Hi Chrisv PM sent
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    girlchops wrote: »
    No, PO, they didn't and when at the till I wish they had because i was given rather a grilling. IIRC as one of the original eliters you'll appreciate the fact that i got a semi trouting but still got my pies!! :D

They had loads of them in my local store which is conveniently open til 9pm so had time to get them before collecting OH from station as it was raining cats and dogs etc.
    I found the pies with ease, went to the till and told the SA i had a voucher. She scans the pies looks at the voucher and asks me "What is it and where's it from?" and "we don't sell this" Well if ever there was a face palm moment this was it!!! Because this voucher looked like a whole page pull out from the Daily Mail as it was sent as an attachment to replace the the original coupon so at the top of the page it had in HUGE capitals and colourful logos, Iceland in conjunction with MyMail from Daily Mail free Luxury Mince Pies!! Well i let her stew for a moment and read it all but then she said again "we don't do this, it's a mistake" so I pointed the Heading/Title of the page out to her. Then she tells me it's expired and she hasn't seen it before. I suggested that she just try to scan it but instead she kept wafting it in the air no where near the reader!! and keeps telling me it's not working. Then the best part of all she asks me the time. I tell her it's about 8.30pm and ask why. She says "oh it's after 6pm, these coupons expire after 6pm!!" :rotfl:
    I ask her to show me where it says that and ask why she won't scan it or the mince pies. In the end she scanned the mince pies but not the voucher and told me to just take them!! I asked for a receipt so i don't get accused of anything so she said she has to call her manager. Manager appears and SA starts by saying i'm trying to use an expired voucher. I was doing my best to keep cool here and just let her dig her own grave as I know the manager here quite well as this is like our local convenience store. Manager asks Sa if she's scanned voucher, SA says not, Manager asks why, and SA says no point it's expired. Manager says to SA "You're talking nonsense again, it's 27th until Midnight, just blooming well scan for the lady and apologise!!" Plus I was given an extra box to give to my mum:j because the manager used to work in the hair dresser my mum goes to so knows her too.;) That little debacle did make me smile and I was so glad I kept mostly quiet for a change!! I do love how they make up their own rules just because they don't have a clue what they're doing and don't want to ask for help.
    My pies expire 27/12/18 so plenty of time for them and doubt they'll live that long. I hope all of you enjoy yours too
    Goodnight all:D

Oh well at least you came off better in the end.

Had no problems getting mine, they just scanned it. The SA was lovely.

Hope they do more offers like this.
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, I'd be grateful for a Sunday code and/or any from this week please.
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • cidermaker2
    Options
    ailey wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with a Wednesday code please? I have a spare Saturday for a possible swap or if anyone can make use of it. Many thanks. :)

PM you Wednesday code
  • cidermaker2
    Options
    fatboy77 wrote: »
    Good afternoon. Can anyone please help with a spare Wednesday code? Many Thanks.

PM on the way
  • martinsnest
    martinsnest Posts: 2,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please could I have a Wednesday code today?
  • some_time_soon
    Options
    Hi can anyone help with a Wednesday code please?
    TIA
  • Stob
    Options
    Hi here are possible Saturday codes hope someone can make use of them

05-12-36-88-74-66
    52-42-35-28-54-81
    85-76-46-26-89-35
    56-38-74-27-10-36
    10-85-34-58-27-59
    10-70-40-85-21-59
    49-26-21-53-12-61
    55-16-80-35-23-76
    30-13-61-37-72-62
    37-68-69-77-17-62
    79-26-57-12-37-06
    55-88-78-68-82-34

Hope they all work
    Please acknowledge if you use any, to save others trying
    Thanks
  • Stob
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for a code for Tues and/or Wed if anyone can assist.

Thanks.
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Looking for a spare code for today (Wednesday) please. Thanks.
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Hi I would like a Wednesday code please

Hi PMs sent
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills