Moving to Dundee- Renting

clkaz
clkaz Posts: 487
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hey guys,
Logged back on here after ages. Always find it useful here for advice.
I'm a junior doctor moving to Dundee for work come August. I'm looking for somewhere to rent and I can't see anything that I like (well within my budget of £450ish). Looking for a 1 bedroom flat, ideally with Gas heating and cooker. Have looked at buying but have debt I'm paying off so it isn't feesible and not wanting to pay too much so I can save!

The West End seems to be where I would like but I can see the majority of places there are student type places which don't seem to be well maintained. Without sounding stuck up, I'm not too keen on living in a student-type flat.

Just wanting an idea of when I should start looking if I want my flat for mid July to give me time to move in properly. Also, what areas to look at. I drive so am willing to stay 10-15 min drive from the city centre if it means I can find somewhere a bit more modern/contemporary.

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,679
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There are some very desirable areas in and around Dundee. Others are .... not so nice :(

I would suggest you ask your colleagues at the hospital. Have you asked HR? I would have thought they will be able to assist?

Good Luck :beer:
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 744
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    How did you get on?
  • clkaz
    clkaz Posts: 487
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hey Koala

I actually resigned from the job.
    I decided I didn't want to move from Glasgow, and I'm much happier for it :D
    I've done the whole move where ever you get an offer thing for university, not going to do it for work.
    Planning to locum and already booked trips to the states, istanbul and indonesia and more to come.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure