Getting there - thanks guys!

just wanted to write a thread to everyone on this website who has been so helpful - I still have a fair way to go from former debts and I was doing terribly at paying them off for the first 2 years after uni and since finding this site last year have seen them dimish rapidly and I have now got them all onto good low interest deals so I can pay them off even faster.

Have saved a fortune wiht money saving tips from this site - coupons, online vouchers etc has allowed me to still enjoy a great social life and save money - I have never in my life got by on so little money and had such a great time.

One of the best tips I got was to write down everything I spend money on in a little book - this has helped me budget so much and the guilt factor is amazing! Now never buy anything without saving up first instead of the other way round on credit.

At this rate I will be debt free by this time next year (mortgage excluded) will keep checking this website for more ideas and offerind advice to other sufferers if I can help like everyone elses experience has helped me - thanks again and good luck everyone else.

This website really can change your life!

Comments

• Josie_Jump_3
    Josie_Jump_3 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Thats good to hear, well done !
  • ceegee
    ceegee Posts: 856 Forumite

One of the best tips I got was to write down everything I spend money on in a little book -

This is absolutely vital, if you are to keep track of where your money goes. I do it always, even though I have no debts.......it stops me from getting into debt!

Glad to hear you are getting there!
    :snow_grin"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........":snow_grin
  • ceegee
    ceegee Posts: 856 Forumite
    ....and glad I have finally discovered how to do bold and italics and underlining! :D
    :snow_grin"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........":snow_grin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport