Mortgage and debt free before we are fifty?

Options
13»

Comments

• ceb1995
    ceb1995 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cashed out £2.70 from Qmee, not a lot but it's a start towards my survey goal so that's gone on my cc.
  • ceb1995
    Options
    Got £8.18 worth of cashback today so getting towards the £20 goal, it only feels like small additional payments that we're making at the moment but i m sure it'll be worth it in the end.
  • ceb1995
    Options
    So not doing well on the NSD's front at the moment, the lack of kitchen this week has meant popping out for microwave meals. Waiting on £36 worth of cashback so doing well on that goal for this month.
  • ceb1995
    Options
    So last day of the month and we've a few things to work on next month: Earned £51.88 on cashback and surveys which is great and went towards CC so hoping to get £30 as a realistic monthly goal, the bad is that we haven't really tracked our spending at all so sorting out a spreadsheet for may later and not managed nsds with the lack of kitchen. The kitchen and bathroom should hopefully be finished by the weekend so the more livable house should hopefully make it easier to spend less.
  • ceb1995
    Options
    Mortgage payment has gone out for this month so balance now stands at £141,092.88. We're now tracking every penny on a spreadsheet. I caved and went out to the pub for lunch today so not ideal for the budget although I don't tend to buy material things when stressed I can spend money unnecessarily on food and sweets which all adds up. Did do a lot of surveys today so that's something.
  • ceb1995
    Options
    So unfortunately, our kitchen fitter quit and our bathroom is yet to be finished but the past two weeks we've mostly not spent too much when stressed and have managed not to buy any takeaways yet.
    Our debt figure minus mortgages is currently sitting at just over 16k which is a bit frightening at times, as before buying the house I'd never owed more than 1.5k so I keep looking at that whenever I feel like spending on anything.

So this month we've so far been keeping to the budget and with the minimum wage increase I'm earning £40 more a month so that's going straight to overpaying debts as have the £13 survey earnings. Just trying to stay motivated and see little amounts as making a bit of a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure