PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    £64.87/£155.
    £90.13 left.

Since last post we spent £8.69.

£73.66/£155.
    £81.34 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £7 and £25 from Tesco.

Updated total: £114.73/£250.
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 April 2018 at 11:04PM
    Options
    £6.70 spend for tonight's tea.. That covered us all for chips, jumbo battered sausage, chicken & muchroom pie and a pea fritter for me :A
    Was well worth it.. Yum:j

Oops.. Forgot the 2.45 spent on eggs and nibbles for boys lunch boxes..
    All added to the total!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 April 2018 at 12:18AM
    Options
    More spends. Bought sun dried tomatoes, houmous, coconut milk, peanut butter, dairy free ice cream - lots more. It came to £7.64. Tonight I ate out at a beautiful Thai restaurant, really lovely, but I do have loads in n need to start using it. The alcohol budget is blown to shreds, too tired to work it out and going to crash, will sort it out tomorrow. Will probably take the overspend out of the bulk fund. Have updated food spends.
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    £30.60 spent in M*rrisons. Wouldn't be my shop of choice but was in that town and made sense to go and save myself calling into another town on the way home.
    Plan to organise an on line shop for later in the month as I need some bulky items and it saves me carrying them.
    hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    NewShadow wrote: »
    £80.67

This week Ocado tempted me with £10 off £40 so I've indulged in a little mid-month shop.

£45.31 in Ocado on a number of things inc: 2.5kg of organic pork shoulder, posh breads, fruit/veg and a cake for a colleague who's due to return to work Monday after several months off.

New total = 122.98

Also spent £3.80 on drinks for visitors at a work meeting - which I'll be reinbursed for eventually so won't count here.
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £6.46 in Aldi just a few bits and bobs, including 3 telescopic ice scrapers reduced to 19p each from £2.99, throw it in the boot until next winter, 1 for sister and friend too.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Small spend of 75p last night, taking me to £102.59 / £100. I'm shocked that I've managed 12 days with only £7.59 of spends - I really thought I'd find it much harder to stay out of the shops after my major blow-out on 1st :o

Nipped into Mr T for a non-GC item after I finshed work last night, but still checked the RTC items. Picked up 2 fruit loaves (each reduced from £1 to just 25p) which will give me something slightly sweet to eat with a coffee when I get in from work for 5 days (2 days down, the rest is on the way into the freezer to do next Mon, Tues & Wed - then I'm off work until the following Wed) and a pack of value ginger nuts. I actually prefer the value ginger nuts to the big brand (but can't stand the ones from A!di since they changed the recipe 2 years ago, so only ever pick up when in Mr T). I went to eat a few last night, and suddenly realised I'm not on 'proper' tea, which is what I always dunk them in - but I have to say I'm looking forward to another blackcurrant tea to dunk them in later tonight as it's a combination that works very well ;)

Had a mild panic earlier this week that I may not have enough chicken nuggets in the freezer to get through the rest of this month (it's what I always take to work as a lunch I can eat while still working), but a quick count up showed that I'm fine - just :)

Still eating well from stocks, but alnost out of veg now so will have to replenish supplies there later this week / early next I expect :(

I'm currently trying to meal plan for next Friday evening through to the following Monday breakfast while in London for the Marathon, which is going to put a serious dent in my overspend. But at least we've got a self-catering apartment so we don't have to eat out (which would be a lot more expensive) and we've located a Mr T within walking distance of the apartment (actually found 2 about equal distance, but looking on G00gle maps one appears to be much bigger than the other so that'll be the one we head for). And I planning to take a few things with me where I only need part packs (such as risotto rice, one stock pot, a couple of cloves of garlic, a small container with olive oil) as I'd rather carry down what we need and throw away empty packets than buy full packs there and have to throw away unused food or bring back almost full packets.
    Cheryl
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Cw18, OH & I will also be in a S/C apartment, but just for the Saturday night; he just wants piles of pasta for tea & pancakes for breakfast! He's staying at his brother's the night before so he can register early on Saturday, and I'll travel up with the girls, who are staying near DS1 (their brother) on Saturday morning.

Somehow I spent £63 at the market this morning; I'm still working out exactly how. There was fish, cheese, some nuts & seeds, fruit, veg & some plants, and some cake to share with my friends over a cuppa; whichever way I look at it, I make that more like £53. Either I've forgotten something, or I didn't check my change carefully enough. Most of the stallholders are as honest as the day is long, but when you're trying to serve 3 customers at once, it's easy to make mistakes. Botheration!
    Angie - GC May 24 £162.50/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Spends in both Assdaa & Lidles:rotfl:
    Around £48 ish, shall dig out receipts in a bit and add to total! Had peeps over to feed so extras in that wouldn't normally be bought..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business