Life on a sticky wicket in 5XL underpants

Options

Comments

• Missymae0
    Missymae0 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi LBW,

Yes I love a bit of matched betting, I'm basically going to be using it as interest on my savings so I will be adding my savings every month and then building it up so I have a decent amount to use for MB and watch it grow, interest rates are so poor that it doesn't seem worth leaving it in an account so at least this way my money is working for me.

I have finished all the sign up offers so am on reloads, unfortunately I used all my MB fund to have my garden done last year so I'm starting with a much smaller fund.

Do you use a platform for MB or do you do it yourself?
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello there,

I just wanted to say I'm in awe of how well you stay motivated and don't give up. Its admirable. I think you will have this debt dealt with quickly and I would be so happy for you to realise these changes in your life and be happy. Neurological issues are very challenging at the best of times so truly I am impressed.
    I don't have much advice for migraines as I suffered them worse when I was pregnant and 'starving myself' (I wasn't at all - but you can't argue with the tests so I went ahead and stuffed my face) and when I went on the coil. So it was hormones and starvation. I have sumiptran and strong codeine. I never knew about eye migraines before that. Eurgh. For me stress is my main trigger. I wish I could help.
    I wish you all the best with your job hunt. What about something out and about so you don't have too much screen time? Keep up the great work xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • LegBeforeWicket
    Options
    Morning all!

Did you all have a nice bank holiday weekend? I hope so and I hope none of you got caught out by the thunderstorms some regions seem to have experienced. I had a lovely Saturday as my GF came to visit, but Sunday and Monday were full of migraines. This explains me breaking my promise on two days to post daily, although it doesn't explain where Saturday's post has gone; I logged in on my phone to post a short update but I can't see it here...perhaps I didn't make sure that I had submitted my reply properly :huh:

Anyway, my big update from this weekend is that I informed my GF of my debt and she was completely fine and understanding about it all, as I thought/hoped she might be. I had intended to be further down the line before I told her but it felt like the right thing to do. Naturally she wasn't impressed that I'd run up debts but she liked that I was tackling it the way I am trying to. My head may have been hurting these past couple of days but telling her has been a weight off of my mind, so I'm glad I did it.

Hello queenstuarts, thanks for that, I really appreciate it. I've long been a user of TCB and quidco but I really appreciate the info about Prolific Academic, I'll take a look at that right after I've finished this message. It's lovely how informative and supportive people are on DFW :j

Hi missy. What a lovely thing to spend your hard earned MB fund on. Let's hope there's a sunny summer ahead so you can enjoy it to the full! I do a lot of the MB research myself but I do use a site as well to help point me to offers I am bound to miss or don't have time to notice when I'm feeling under the weather. I'll send you a PM with the one I use - you are bound to have heard of it - but I won't name it here because I don't want to promote passers by to MB lest it's a slippery slope for them, and nor do I want people to think I have a connection to any site. I'll never refer anyone to anything nor offer any affiliate links etc.

Hello Kitten868, thankyou so much for such kind words. I'm not the most motivated person in the world but I really am trying, much of the time I'm just trying to hang on! What's keeping me going is the support from others and seeing how they have made progress with their debts, and now that I've hit a small milestone (the 10% mark) I've proven to myself that a little belief and a little effort can make things happen.
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had migraines too. Pain is horrible for anyone to live with, no matter how strong or mild it may be. Do you have sumatriptan tablets or injections? I have the latter as the tablets weren't working fast enough for me, but I try to use them as sparingly as possible.
    Ideally I would take a job that involved physical exercise and not just sitting in front of a screen. Aside from the migraines etc., it would be good for me long term to be more active geenrally. This will be a longer term goal though as I intend to take anything I am lucky enough to be offered to begin with.
  • LegBeforeWicket
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

Just a quick update. Thank goodness I did all that freezer cooking last week as I need some tonight. I got a call last night to ask if I could work today (at the place I recently covered at) so I said yes - it was an early finish, as expected, and I've just got home. I'm really happy about this as it will mean I've knocked down my earnings target a little for June, plus I haven't spent anything today (thus far). It's also just nice to be out working like most people do.

Also, with my headaches I forgot to get on the scale, so I did it this morning. I am now 14.1lbs down - meaning I have passed the one stone mark lost - and I'm on the cusp of being under 100lbs above a normal BMI. I should hit this in the next week or so and that will be significant for me. I've a long way to go but it's a signpost that things are moving along.

The only other thing to say is that tomorrow is the last day of the month meaning that once the day is over I can allocate any unspent food budget funds against CC3. Given I've been a little unwell ths month it should amount to a highly unusual amount of about £40. Lovely!
  • LegBeforeWicket
    Options
    Hello.

This is a really short update but it's an exciting one for me. I've just paid £40.12 towards CC3 - this is the amount I've underspent on my food budget this month - and that has taken me to a total reduction of debt of £1000.06! I've broken the £1k barrier! Yes, I know it's a small step but it feels so damn good.

Here's to the next £1000!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LBW - Great stuff, both the weight loss & breaking the 1k debt barrier. Keep up the good work!
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant news on the weight loss and the £1000 milestone!!

Keep it up :):):)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• LegBeforeWicket
    Options
    Morning everyone, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine.

I'm not going to start with an explanation as to why I haven't posted because I keep doing that and it always sounds like an excuse, and I no longer make excuses. I think that intermittent posting will always be a feature of my diary, sometimes this will be caused by illness and sometimes it will be because of sheer bloody laziness. What it won't signal is my appetite to get rid of this debt and to live a different life.

Thankyou foxgloves and Rab for those kind words, they are very much appreciated. Your support keeps me going, I promise you.
    So where am I regarding debt? Well, minimums have gone out as well as some extra from the work I've done as well as a rather good month of MBing. It's usually a very tough time of year for earnings but the World Cup has provided a nice little boost. As such, my debts are now as follows:

CC1 [STRIKE]£452.79[/STRIKE] £0
    CC2 [STRIKE]£2256.41[/STRIKE] £2048.48
    CC3 [STRIKE]£756.13[/STRIKE] £382.57
    CC4 [STRIKE]£2034.18[/STRIKE] £1959.18
    CC5 [STRIKE]£2040.91[/STRIKE] £1960.91
    CC6 [STRIKE]£1908.29[/STRIKE] £1676.05

Total is now £8027.19 which means I've paid 15.04% so far.

I'm really happy about this as it means I'm on the brink of nudging below £8k and I feel like the end is in sight for CC3, which I hope to obliterate by the end of August but I'll remain cautious for now. It also feels like hitting 'parity' (where my working capital is equivalent to my debt level) isn't a million miles away. It's not happening anytime soon, but it feels like I can reach it.

How about my belly? Well, it's still big and I'm still in the big boys underpants, but it's slowly going down. It's an absolute battle though, particularly now that I'm very much over the first 'easy' phase where results are quickly seen and it's now a grind. I'm not complaining however, anything worth achieving involves hard work. Anyway, my weight loss total now stands at 17.7lbs and I'm now a mere 96.5lbs above my BMI target.
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Agree 100% with the intermittent posting. I have also calmed down my daily posting, it was becoming unhealthily obsessive.

As long as you remain focussed this is a great tool to record and reflect on achievements and/or areas for improvement.

I'm struggling with my weight loss so I'm glad to see you're doing so well. I found the financial side of things very easy to regain control of, but I just keep eating the wrong things at the wrong time.

I keep telling myself that I didn't put this weight on in a few months, it was 15 years of poor choices, take-aways and excessive drinking so it's not going to fall off overnight either. Same applies to the debt.

Looking forward to seeing your post when CC3 is gone!
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• LegBeforeWicket
    LegBeforeWicket Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2018 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Morning all!

I can't believe I'm typing this, but are you still enjoying the sunshine? I'm not old enough to remember 1976 but it seems like 2018 is starting to match it for good weather. I no longer play cricket because of my health but when I did this long period of sunshine would have been lovely - we used to have to cancel so many games because of the wet British summer.

First of all, my totals:

CC1 [STRIKE]£452.79[/STRIKE] £0
    CC2 [STRIKE]£2256.41[/STRIKE] £1996.48
    CC3 [STRIKE]£756.13[/STRIKE] £295.00
    CC4 [STRIKE]£2034.18[/STRIKE] £1934.18
    CC5 [STRIKE]£2040.91[/STRIKE] £1935.91
    CC6 [STRIKE]£1908.29[/STRIKE] £1634.15

Total is now £7795.72 which means I've paid 17.49% so far. I am now under 8k and I've got CC3 in my sights, particularly as I've received a cheque for PPI for a total of £225.32 which I will pay towards CC3 as soon as it clears. I've had another decent month of MBing - thankyou World Cup - and I ought to be clearing the balance that cheque will leave before the weekend is here :j

What's also nice is that all of my CCs are now under 2k; it might only take a penny to do it but it makes my mind happier to see a balance drop below the 2k threshold.

How is my health? Generally, quite good. My weight loss has stalled a little because I've indulged in a couple of things, but my total loss now stands at 21.1lbs meaning I'm through the stone and a half barrier :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure