87 posts
Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
edited 14 March 2018 at 2:18PM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi,

This is a feedback thread for online-only mortgage broker:

Habito

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part:

- Was completing the online form easy (and quick)?
- Were you happy with the results returned?
- Was the process from start to finish smooth, or did you experience problems?

The feedback comes as part of the Cheap Mortgage Finding guide.

Thank you,

MSE Jo

Replies

• Contacted habito.
    Explained all details as not a straight forward mortgage due to some late payments nothing else, good cash deposit. Stated they could not help us at all no advice, disinterested, and unhelpful.
    Contacted Trussle. They took our case up and it should complete this week. Much nicer approach.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    105.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You generally find that the online services work perfectly fine on simple cases with no issues or not pushing lending limits. They are less interested in the time consuming stuff that may require paperwork. local brokers (doing the same job) are usually better on those scenarios.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Trussle are online and they were interested. Very good customer service, very responsive. I would highly rate using an online mortgage adviser just not habito.
  • toml17toml17 Forumite
    1 posts
    They asked about every single personal question they could think of and tried to sell 3rd party products.

They wanted so much personal information i felt very uncomfortable and their responses from their live chat were very rude and unhelpful, they did not provide advice and took all of my financial history and personal identification ect and provided no service.

A complete waste of time and they now have all of personal data and have not provided any advice.
  • I've had the same experience. Took all our information and requested lots of documents (with slow replies) to eventually tell us they couldn't help at all. In their defence there was something on one of our credit reports we weren't aware of (just on Equifax not Experian) but they would not provide any advice at all after discovering this, despite all the time we had invested!
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    105.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ShonaMcK wrote: »
    I've had the same experience. Took all our information and requested lots of documents (with slow replies) to eventually tell us they couldn't help at all. In their defence there was something on one of our credit reports we weren't aware of (just on Equifax not Experian) but they would not provide any advice at all after discovering this, despite all the time we had invested!

Par for the course with the direct/online options. Local broker would likely have been better.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • They were useless, we provided a lot of information and they never got back to us. We ended up using Sequence as a broker.
  • Similar to others - very disappointing. I am an older borrower (and already have an offer from another lender) but as soon as they discovered my age (something they knew from the outset) they said they couldn't help. But of course by making me go through all the process they have captured all my information. Really bad feeling about them.
  • Hoopie1Hoopie1 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    They were excellent for me. I phoned them beforehand as there were things to discuss. They found an appropriate product. I filled in the form, sent them a batch of documentation and things were done pretty quickly. I would use them again.
  • blobbiblobbi Forumite
    47 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Really slow service. Asked for bank statements a month at a time, rather than all at once. Explained our situation but still took an age to get information together to put in front of lender. When we finally got there it took over 4 weeks to get a decision, and then a few days later they backtracked and said something different. Not very impressed and would not recommend.