How do i get credit... *help*

Hello, I'm hoping someone can advise me with my best mates money problem...
any info on balance transfers.
--- Meh ---

Comments

• idiot_3
    idiot_3 Posts: 136 Forumite
    get the garunteed acceptance capital one card (even if you do have to put a depost down.) use it every month and make sure payments are on time.

i presume you have a hard copy of the report. have you contacted the bank to see why they haven't made an entry on your file to reflect the fact the loan was paid?
  • Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Barclaycard also do a card which you might get accepted for - although the APR is 25% plus so DON'T borrow on it - just use it to get some credit history.

Who do you bank with? They might give you a loan based on your history and account management with them.

Good luck.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • Malestrom
    Malestrom Posts: 983 Forumite
    This is the Capital One Classic card that you want!
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
  • Malestrom
    Malestrom Posts: 983 Forumite
    I believe that there are two other very similar cards. I think one is issued by Lloyds and one by someone like Vanquis. Both have hideous interest rates and are really for building credit history only. I will try and find more details and post back unless someone beats me to it!

Hopefully NZ will be my home soon, we're planning on emmigrating within the next 2 years :)

EDIT: Well I can't find any info now that I'm looking for it (typical), so I'd suggest you post a request for help on the Credit Card board as they'll be better able to deal with your request.
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Malestrom wrote:
    I believe that there are two other very similar cards.
    Here's a quick summary of the main cards that are designed to help you rebuild a credit rating:
    Barclaycard Initial
    Vanquis
    Capital One

Note that these all have high APRs. The Vanquis one has a criminal 59% and can go higher so don't get one unless you are certain you will repay it in full every month. These cards should not be used for normal spending. Just make a single small purchase each month and pay it off in full. Each payment made on time helps improve your credit rating. Note you may be asked to pay a deposit too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure