PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 5th March 2018

Options

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all.
    Well this snow continues to disrupt here. Schools closed ( DD and family happy again ) no bin collections and not much in the way of buses if you need to go up the valley. The supermarkets appear to be busy according to the local rag but we are not going anywhere today as the pavements are still under at least a foot of snow. I'm so glad I cancelled my dentist appointment as it's at the top of a very steep hill, I don't want to slip and break a leg !
    Just a general pottering about in order for today, the DW is already on and Mr Fix It is giving the halogen a wash too. I will see if he will steam mop the kitchen floor too while I supervise :D.
    I don't know what to have for tea, I will check the freezers later. I'm trying to work my way through them and this weather has given me a kick start, so now I'm on a mission to keep eating up the "bits" . ( whilst trying to get back on the diet :rotfl:.)
    Will ring Dad later to see if he's ok, he will probably be chomping at the bit to get out too. I need to go up and change his bedding sometime this week and do some cleaning.
    Righty ho must get off my rear end and do something. What's that you say " have another coffee first " oh well if you insist :rotfl: .
    Hope everyone has a good day. Hugs to all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tru
    I have found it on the fire stick so its on my "to watch" list
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tru I have read the "Dirk Gently" books (years ago) but didn't know they'd been made into a tv programme. But then, I don't bother to read the schedules myself, I just set the box to record what Mr LW marks up that he wants to see. For those who are unfamiliar, the books are by Douglas Adams, of "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" fame.

Csarina it's a good sign that DD is bothered about her hair; she must be, albeit slowly, starting to mend. I don't have any ideas myself, but maddiemay's suggestion sounds a good one.

We have passed our council inspection :T so we are licenced for another year - I'm afraid I burbled at the poor chap, as I was so nervous, and probably bored him silly with pictures of dogs, but he's happy that we are all in order (nothing has changed from last year, for goodness' sake) and my record-keeping is up to scratch, so we're good to go. :T
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    My DS is home safe. He has returned with a brand new large wheelie case which contains snacks. Just snacks apparently, he is on the phone to DGF and then is going to show us.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Thanks for starting us off Holly. Well done on the cooking :T

We are just off on our little jaunt.:j

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,048 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all, it's still very chilly here so I'm all wrapped up still.

Work was fine except for one student who just can't do what he's been asked to, goes on his own way and causes chaos. I stayed behind to do some work as it's warm in the college.

Did a little shoppping on the way home, shops seem well stocked.

I hope that's all well with everyone.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After doing so much cooking yesterday I CBA to do much today so had porridge for breakfast and then set out to the post office to send a letter securely and safely . E mailed dd to say it should arrive tomorrow by one o'clock. The local shop seemed well stocked up so I came back with yoghurt, potatoes, wholemeal loaf, diet cola and veg oil and a couple of ready meals.

Middle dd gave me a gadget that fits on my wrist and tells me my steps and heart rate so I have been wearing it and am quite shocked to see how little I move when it is cold outside and I do not have to be somewhere.

I watched tv this morning and the weather guru Dave King was on and believes the snow will come back for five days starting on the 17th of this month so I have been pointing this out on a few threads.

Hugs to all
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Managed to get out to supermarket this morning, should be ok for a week now, mile to main road stlll has 6/8 foot 'hedges' where snow has been pushed aside, it is difficult to meet and pass cars coming the other way, there is a slight thaw on though so should be much improved tomorrow. Have now replenished my stocks, so am happy that we will not starve!

Holly....I am glad that you are doing so well, batch cooking will certainly see you with something healthy to eat every day.

Hester.....that tenant of yours is a menace, I think you should take others advice and deduct a fine at least for late notification.

Csarina....glad to hear that DD is recovering well.....the tiredness will be as much from shock as from her injuries, lots of sleep is what she needs.

Gers....hope that DMs birthday celebrations go to plan.

Ruby.....8 days work on the trot is hard, rest tomorrow.

Am on dinner duty now that everybody is back at work, OH demanded steak for dinner, will cook rest of dinner.......spuds, onions mushrooms and let every cook their own steak so that there can be no complaints.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon chums,washing got damp dry enough to say it smelt fresh anyway, and its now on the airer.Busy week this week, and only two dinners to cook.
    Tonights which will be sweet chilli salmon,brocolli and some new potatoes.

Tomorrow night I am at the pub quiz where I get fed , and Wednesday evening I am driving up to London at midday, and going with Margaret to the cinema as she need a bit of cheering up,then we are going to have something to eat afterwards .

We are going to see 'Finding your Feet' with Celia Imrie and Julie Walters it looks like a bit of a giggle.

Thursday I am cooking for myself, probably chicken and veg and Friday night I am at a charity quiz where we get fed copious amounts of food as its the Kent Messenger quiz and the spread is always pretty good as its held in an hotel in Chatham.

Saturday night I am out to dinner with eldest DD and family and Sunday I am at youngest DDs for dinner .So not a great deal of cooking going on in my house this week :) but its so nice to be able to get out and about again. I have a funeral to attend next week in Swanley, its the second one this year and I have another one in 12 days time to go to.I think I have more friends upstairs with The Big Guy than down here with the mere mortals .

Snow has virtually gone here thank goodness fingers crossed it stays away .

Hope you are all warm and dry at least

Cheers chums JackieO xx
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone, a bit longer past this time.

We had a good flight (complimentary snacks & soft drinks - heavens above I didn’t know that still happened on short flights:) )

Apparently everything in Dublin was shut down - airport, buses, trains as the snow was several feet deep - our lovely taxi driver showed us pictures:eek:

We are now safely ensconced in our hotel room - upgraded :j Really posh hotel & we felt a bit underdressed but then again our money is as good as anyone else’s.:)

We have unpacked & sorted out a rucksack for tomorrow’s bank visit & then a little wander around - there is a tram running so might just get on & then get off somewhere!
    Just having a quick coffee in our room & then off to find something to eat + :beer: as DH has had 4 small biscuits & I have had a small packet of crisps:( Our stomachs think our throats have been cut:rotfl:

Hope everyone is OK.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure