Wedding On A Budget in Liverpool

Hi,
My better half and I are looking to tie the knot in the next 12 months. We've got a venue planned - St George's Hall in Liverpool. We want a small wedding with between 30 and 50 guests coming from Liverpool and London. We've got the wedding venue sorted and are aiming for a weekday wedding, but what we're not sure about is where to go afterwards. All we want is a small function room where we can hold up to 50 people, provide some drinks and a good buffet meal. We have a budget of £5k.

Any recommendations are appreciated - thanks in advance

Comments

• RachRubyD
    RachRubyD Posts: 418 Forumite
    edited 5 March 2018 at 5:12PM
    I got married in Liverpool nearly two years ago. I got married across the water in Leasowe Castle and it was really reasonable and about 15-20mins away from the city center, it has a gorgeous golf course and beach at the back of it so lovely for photo's and nice grounds. If you want to keep it central then keep an eye out on wowcher or groupon as lots of offers for wedding's come up on there for the Hilton etc.

If your looking to get your Flowers in Liverpool I highly suggest Norwegian Wood as gorgeous flowers, very helpful and the prices are the best around. I paid about £400 for flowers and I had a lot (peony and roses as well) and was quoted £1000 by lots of other florists. Not sure if you have a photographer booked but once again check out wowcher. I got mine on wowcher and he was fantastic and only £350 for the full day and a photo album.

I think 5k is a really good amount we paid just under 6k for Leasowe and it was June, a Saturday and we had 80 day guests and 130 night, plus we also got married there.

Oh I think the Bluecoat in Liverpool is reasonable price wise and only a short distance away from St George's (about a 10 minute walk) but you have to call or email to ask the price but worth looking into. I think that it looks lovely and nice for a smaller intimate wedding.

Don't forget as well that if you see a deal on wowcher but its offering more guests etc or not the date you want, don't be afraid to call up the venue itself and try strike your own deal. Most the time they prefer to do this I've found as they don't then have to pay any fees to wowcher.
  • Thanks Rach - I'll check out the suggestions
  • Maryannk
    Maryannk Posts: 8 Forumite
    My friend got married in St. George’s Hall then had reception here //osqafunctionrooms.co.uk
    It was fabulous, staff couldn’t be more helpful and food really nice too x
  • Thanks, that's the sort of thing I was looking for - conveniently located and reasonably priced :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure