Time, energy, money

Options
2»

Comments

• Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on the new job! Gardening sounds lovely.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    shangaijimmy - it is anxiety inducing at first but as you say now I can see the numbers on paper and they are going down I believe it is real! I think it is the power of this website and forum. None of my family or friends talk about this type of stuff so I doubt I would of even known what an overpayment was! I honestly could squish Martin Lewis so hard he would pop!

Kittenkirst - Thank you! My target is extremely ambitious and I probably won't achieve it BUT heck I gotta try!

michelle09 - this 1 is only a few hours a week so all good. I am just taking every opportunity thrown at me and trying to maximise the benefits.

Gallygirl - get off my diary with your blooming £0 mortgage balance :rotfl:
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" Thomas Edison
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Gallygirl - get off my diary with your blooming £0 mortgage balance :rotfl:
    Not that long ago it was higher than yours - just trying to inspire you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Not that long ago it was higher than yours - just trying to inspire you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

You deffo do! :j
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on the OPs :) Juggling 3 jobs sounds like it could be hard work!

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    Hey all

A quick check-in. Paid another £550 off the mortgage in March so £2100 in total. Got another £40 for doing a 30 minute phone interview! The debts are going down too - I have lined up a few extra jobs for my partner which will pay off a big chunk of debt and part of our holiday - yess!

Hustlin' is the way forward!

Unicorn
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    Hi all

How in a month everything can change...

Firstly I was successful at interview for my dream job! The pay is much better so takes away a lot of the stress of wondering whether I would be able secure a mortgage when my current 1 is up for renewal.

Because of the above news I had my sensible head on and although I didn't make an overpayment for this month I diverted the extra money me & my partner got for 2 extra well paying jobs (£1700!) we did into my partner's overdraft which now stands at a positive balance!

I also paid off the other credit card balance I had outstanding so that is another one gone! All debts now stand at 0% except for my partner's loan.

Also in another twist of good luck and hardwork someone was giving away a free kitchen on Facebook including all appliances. All we had to do was dismantle and remove - the joys of having a van! So as we needed a new cooker and the 1 on the photos looked much better we went for it. Turns out the cooker is a quality one from John Lewis which cost £900 brand new and would cost about £500 now! A family member bagged the almost brand new freezer and the rest of the stuff we sold for £150 which paid for our new cooker to be wired in and tested :)

Debts state of play

Bank of Mum & Dad (0% APR - bless them)
    £2,000

Loan (Start date: October 2016, length: 5 years, 3.9% APR)
    £7,467.18

Credit card (Start date: January 2017, 0% APR until 2019)
    £950

Debts are likely to go up again shortly as I will have to buy a car for my new job but am researching the possibilities of paying for it on a 0% credit card.

Phew getting there :)
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    Soooo got the girl, got the house, got the job - just need the body and a more positive bank balance! Diet starts today. Partner is on board. Start my new job in mid June so my aim is to be 7lbs lighter.

Feeling positive!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the new job :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure