Can you get 2 CCJ's on the same debt??

I have a question regarding a very old bank loan which is in the hands off a debt collector. They took me to court 6 years ago and I got a CCJ. I was paying back as much as i could each month but due to ill health have been unable to pay anything for a few months. They are threatening to take me to court again. Can you get 2 CCJ's on the same debt??

Thanks

Comments

• idiot_3
    idiot_3 Posts: 136 Forumite
    i don't think so no. unless it is over 6 years since the ccj was put on there, as it can be re registered, the same as a default.
  • munchies
    munchies Posts: 31 Forumite
    Hi - you can't get a second ccj for the same debt. If the creditor already has a ccj and you have defaulted they could apply to take enforcement action against you like bailiffs or deductions from your earnings. You can make an application to the court to vary what you are paying under the ccj to a rate you can afford which can be as little as £1 per month based on your finacial circumstances.You would need to fill in an N245 at the court (usually costs £30 unless you are on specific benefits). The debt will be removed from your credit file six years from the date of judgement whether you have paid it off or not. Might be worth speaking to National Debtline if you have a number of debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure