KnowingU , Request for N.I. Number

Options
Hi....
Like many others I do a number of online surveys, some good, some not so... I recently joined a company called KnowingU which is based in Spain on the premise that after each 4 surveys/ campaigns a payment of £10 would be made, I completed the first 4 and have now been asked to supply my N.I. number in order to receive a creditcard payment, alarm bells rang and I have not done this..

Has anyone dealt with this company ? any thoughts positive or negative ?

Sue

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've never heard of this company, but it sounds somewhat suspicious. First off, why are they wanting to make a payment to a credit card ? Apart from anything else, if your current card balance is zero then it'll put you in credit, which is against the T&Cs of most cards. And in any case, they wouldn't need your NI number for that. Paypal or bank transfer ( or even a good old-fashioned cheque ) would be a more usual method of payment.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Are you sure you've signed up with this company? They state this on their website: http://knowingu.co.uk/nosotros/que-ganas-tu/

What Do You Win?

By getting involved with our campaigns you may win numerous prizes from gift vouchers that you might exchange in more than 6,000 shops to batches of products that we will directly ship to your home.

Although, the whole thing looks dodgy and amateur to me.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family