Huge thanks One-Eye - £2000 radio win!

Options
Original Post - Entered 10 times out of the 30 available because it was late

Been entering these (and many other) radio comps for 2 years and never expect to win.. only got a phone call yesterday morning to say I won £2000 with radio city!! I must have sounded like a right idiot on the phone! I was in work at the time in the middle of doing some stock changes when the phone rang.

"Hi!! Who am I speaking to?" <--- male
"Er hi.. this is Lee"
"Hi Lee! Do you know who this is?"
"Er.. no?"
"Are you sure you don't know who it is?" <-- female
"Well I could be wrong but given that 2 people are now speaking to me, it sounds like a radio station maybe??"
"That's correct! Do you know why we are calling?"
"Er.. I don't know?"
"Are you sure? What time is it? What do you think we could be calling for at around this time?"
"Well.. I don't know for sure but I did enter a competition with radio city last night around 11:45pm to win £2000.. I'm hoping it's that but if it's not then i'll see what else it can be!"
"That's right Lee, congratulations!! You've won £2000!!"

Had to stay on the line, listen to a few minutes of adverts, give them my details, record a few clips saying stuff like "My name is Lee and I won £2000 with radio city" and what i'd spend it on and stuff like that. They said I can come and collect it in cash if I have photo ID. I didn't have it with me so planned to shoot home on my lunch break and get it but the missus was off and had nothing to do so she went to mine to pick it up for me and we walked over to the radio city tower to collect the money.. I was given £2000 in an envelope with my name on and went straight to the bank to deposit it :D:D:D

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport