Options
2»

Comments

• PETRA798
    PETRA798 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    So my husband is stressed out as he has a court set aside hearing tomorrow for a CCJ obtained on our neighbours house! Should be a forgone conclusion, but as he says, its hard to prove a negative, the land registry documents show that we own the house and land next door, but a tiny piece of land from next door was transferred to us when we purchased the house 10 years ago. All the court paperwork went either to next door or our previous address (where we lived 10 years ago). I found the conveyancing paperwork and the land registry appears to have been correct, and the claimants witness statement (which they gave us a copy of today) shows clearly that the land and house we own is separate from the house they tried to get the charge on!
    Landlord still refusing to negotiate and still wants rent arrears and us to clear out the premises (not much left after the insolvency practitioner did his stuff).
    Westcot appear to have taken on my husband's loan but say they are acting on behalf of Barclays which is weird. Have they bought it or not? Only good news is that Westcot have already offered us a 50% F&F deal on the loan. I haven't replied yet as we have 3 other debts being handled by them, and I'm not sure how to play it.
    Stepchange have emailed to say we need to come off the TPP as its been nearly a year. Very frightened by this as our circumstances haven't really changed. The car HP ends soon and will supposedly save us £400 a month, but it means me driving an old banger which will cost more to run in petrol and maintenance costs, so we wont be much better off.
    Any advice on swapping from a TPP to a DMP? What is the minimum monthly amount Stepchange will accept on a DMP? I'm not confident about going it alone at the moment, as I feel Stepchange have some clout with the lenders.

CC1: £2990
    CC2: £15988

Personal Loan: £6343 - now passed onto Westcot??
    CC3: £2213
    CC4: £14356
    passed to Westcot
    CC5: £15006 passed to PRA Group
    CC6: £916 passed to Westcot
    CC7: £7220 passed to Westcot
    Supplier 1: £2600 paying off £100 per month by Tomlin order
    Supplier 2: CCJ being discontinued
    Supplier 3: £1000 CCJ hopefully will be set aside tomorrow fingers crossed (awaiting new claim)
    Van Repossession: £5751 Now fees added as CCJ issued trying to defend
    Loans from family £13000 Now £12300
    Landlord 1 Rent Arrears £15,000
    Total £101,683 :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi PETRA798,

Just wanted to let you know that I am cheering you on from the side lines.

Pmo2
    xx
  • PETRA798
    Options
    Morning all
    Good news and bad news:

CCJ and CO got set aside! Solicitor argued with the judge but it was clear they tried to get it on the wrong property. The costs are floating, but I can now prove who the owners of next door are, (simple land registry search) so if they make another claim the charges should be removed.

The shop landlord has repossessed it, after saying they would negotiate and wanted us to clear it out to avoid more charges - so we are now at their mercy and hoping upon hope that they don't try and bankrupt us.

One battle after another I just want to skip forward to the end of this year when I might know where we stand. :(
  • PETRA798
    Options
    Hi everyone - ages since I posted, but starting to make some progress. Have now started a DMP via Stepchange and the online statement is simple to follow so hopefully we should start to see the numbers start decreasing as we will be making a bigger payment to them each month from September. Santander's solicitors accepted a Tomlin order on the van repossession of £100 per month but added court fees of £1760 so it will take us 75 months to pay them off - but avoided a CCJ which would have affected my husbands ability to get personal liability and van insurance and therefore work, so lesser of two evils I guess.
    Figures according to Stepchange are (need to double check all of these):
    CC1: £2539
    CC2: £15134

Personal Loan: £6201
    CC3: £2209
    CC4: £14352

CC5: £15134
    CC6: £912
    CC7: £7216
    Supplier 1: £904 paying off £100 per month by Tomlin order
    Supplier 2: CCJ being discontinued
    Supplier 3: £1000 original CCJ set aside but new claim now going through
    Van Repossession: £7523 now paying off £100 by Tomlin order
    Loans from family £13000 Now £11900
    Landlord 1 Rent Arrears £15,000
    Total £100,024 :(

Still awaiting news from both landlords but both leases are now in forfeit. It would just be good to know where we stand and exactly what we need to tackle so we can see an end point and feel secure again.
    I know its a long road, but still here and fighting!
    Thanks for listening!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport