£50k to zero - made it across the finish line

Options

Comments

• One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Another quiet night at home - pizza is in the oven, sourdough starter has been fed and put aside again, books have been balanced for the day.

I decided to redeem a Shopmium offer (Nature Valley Almond butter bars) - at £2.90 they are normally way too pricey, but £1 for four is much more sensible. I love granola bars & yoghurt for breakfast but porridge is so much cheaper, however my last grocery shop included a £2 pot of yoghurt marked down to 24p so I am quite happy to indulge! :)

I remembered to buy a 9v battery on the way home, so after dinner the ebay listing will get sorted out, really not much else to do tonight. No bites on the existing listings, but one watch, so we will see what happens.
    Debt-free August 21, Mortgage-neutral April 24
  • strawberryfield2233
    Options
    (Sorry was going to write something but got distracted by imagining the pizza :wave: think we will have to have pizza tomorrow now :) will have to check out the shopmium app those bars sound nice) TC
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Shopmium currently has free Nutella as a welcome offer - I have a referral code https://www.shopmium.com/uk/referral/zy76h if you fancy using it! :)

The bars are nice, but small! Definitely one to use an offer on and not go full price.

After pizza last night I was feeling a bit lethargic, but I sorted the ebay listing out then got out my ancient sewing machine and re-threaded it to improve the odds of doing something with it this week. My eyesight is really not what it once was - with reading glasses I just about managed, but I will need to invest in a magnifier at some point as all the small crafty things I do are starting to get trickier. I am due for a free eye test through work, though, so it may be time to sort that out.

No plans for today other than not spend money!
  • strawberryfield2233
    Options
    Thanks for the referral, I already have shopmium but hubby doesn!!!8217;t and likes nutella so will let him know!!
    Sympathise with the eyesight, not fun when you realise you are getting older!! Quite often I used to look out the kitchen window and think the window is sort of misty so can!!!8217;t see the birds/garden clearly and now I realise it was my eyesight :0 !! TC
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Well, today can officially do one. We are about to go through a short-notice (1 month consultation) company-wide restructure. Jobs are going in my department. Nobody in the whole place is safe. I do not have any words that would not result in me being booted from this forum for inappropriate language.
  • strawberryfield2233
    Options
    :grouphug: :coffee: So sorry to hear this, hope your ok, makes me hopping mad when I here the word restructure its all b!%#ocks. Hubby is going through one atm so sypathise his role will change. Hope that you are ok and have a job at the end of it all. I am sure its all a shock, just typical life always has a way if throwing curveballs.
    Tc bigs hugs
  • One-step-at-a-time
    Options
    Thank you. I am just really furious because the way they have gone about it is pretty unpleasant. I was turned down for redundancy before so *may* be safe, but obviously there are never any guarantees. There will be no leaving things to fate though - nobody has got much done this afternoon and I have already found several jobs in the sector that I will be applying for, no matter what happens next. Who knows, this curveball may have a best case scenario of redundancy pay and a new job. May as well be optimistic/determined!
  • strawberryfield2233
    Options
    :coffee: One-Step - Determined and Optimistic sounds like a good attitude to me. Fully agree that its good that you are applying for other jobs too and being proactive whatever happens, fingers crossed. My hubby sometimes says when it goes pear shaped its ‘tin hat time’ at work and just got to get on with it. He is finding it very difficult at the moment, wants to know whats happening to his job role but has to dig deep and be patient as getting no proper answers and its very hard to be patient, things happen for a reason and it will all work out. I met my husband after he was made redundant and moved to my office, would never have crossed paths otherwise so sometimes something positive comes out of something stressful. TC
  • One-step-at-a-time
    One-step-at-a-time Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 March 2018 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Thanks strawberryfield :)

After sleeping on it and going back in today, I am a lot...happier is the wrong word, but more calm, and going into problem-solving mode again. The grapevine is already reporting a number of people asking for figures for voluntary on the back of this, so there may well be scope for redeployment or rejigging of roles to make it work for those that don't want to go. We are in for a rough time for a while, though. In the meantime I will carry on as normal.

Today, normal consists of checking all my accounts (I am waiting on one CC statement to get my balance transfer expiry dates & amounts updated), deciding whether to chuck another teeny overpayment at a card or wait a few more days, renewing my attempts to sell things, and trying to ignore the little chocolate-demanding monster that has taken up residence in my head today!
  • strawberryfield2233
    Options
    (. :EasterBun I think you should be allowed a small treat today !! )
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback