Benefits help

Options
2»

Comments

• sweetpeas_2
    sweetpeas_2 Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    No you weren't!

Your posts are full of references to 'claiming benefits'. You even refer to Income Based and Contributions Based benefits.

Also make more than one reference to having no idea what i'm on about and over my head as i've always worked and paid into the system myself. So please don't come on and call me a liar when I'm trying to work out if i can keep myself in employment and earning by using money which i've earned through 12 years with my current job.
  • sweetpeas_2
    sweetpeas_2 Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    I've come on for a bit of advice whilst I'm facing a sticky spot trying to work out if I can invest redundancy sensibly and if I can any help but appears I've landed called something the wrong thing despite saying I'm clueless and over my head which has got backs up.

I'll say again - we've both always worked so no idea if and what is available, what it is called, what it would cover, what the terms are etc. Just came on looking for advice on options.
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,339 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, I think a useful search term might be child tax credits.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    sweetpeas wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice please as I've never claimed benefits in my life and after a hunt around online I'm struggling for information.

At the moment I work full time, partner too, both earn approx £30k.

We are looking to buy a small business (leasehold cafe) and in the interim while the business is new I was wondering if there was anything I could claim in way of benefits to help us get by, if I was to leave my full time job?

I've seen stuff about income based, contribution based... have no idea what any of it is on about and am generally over my head with this sort of thing.

Any advice appreciated.

TIA, Sweetpeas x
    No. You were very clear. Since it hasn't been quoted so far, I've done it before it disappears. You specifically said that you were looking for benefits because you'd never claimed them before. Benefits are not a reward.

You have £60k income income yet, it would seem, nothing in the way of savings. No business plan. And very little chance of making the money that that toy have coming in now.

What exactly is unreasonable about people pointing out that this is ill- conceived, or that benefits are not intended to support your life choices?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you 2 any idea of running a business, how a cafe works ?

Would you 2 be the only ones working there or would you employ staff ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure