The Debt and I - Take 2

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    Options
    I forgot my lunch. Only realised when me and OH were 3/4 of the way into the walk to work. I will aim for a spend under £5.

It!!!8217;s a pain, so will eat my lunch at dinner as OH is out this evening and would have had to cook a meal for myself.

I also need to consider what to take tomorrow night. I have a leaving dinner/drinks to attend, so will aim for £10 for dinner, £10 for drinks and £5 for a taxi home.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I got £30 cash out today. This will have to get me through today and tomorrow.

I'm tracking my spending for this month on a spreadsheet now all my direct debits have gone out. The amount I spend on additional food and snack goods is incredible. This is definitely where most of my money goes.

Still waiting for my PA survey money to go into my p'pal account but it's taking a bit of time at the moment.

I'm also meeting friends for coffee at lunch tomorrow. We are trying to encourage each other to spend less so we are going to a cafe where they let you take your own food in :D We are trying to help someone who is having difficulty controlling their money - I've told them to check out this website and given them some useful tips!
  • jemreading
    Options
    I have £3 and a bit of change in my purse from last night.

I paid for dinner/tapas for three of us. My friend owes me £5.80, one paid straight away and the two people who owed me £3.50 paid up.

I spent £17.40 on dinner (so £5.80 each - still £5.80 to come back) £3.05 on a drink and then £5 on going a 3rd on a big bottle of prosecco. I used the money I got back from my friends to pay for the prosecco.

The £3 I have in my purse are going in my Christmas money pot. Will need to crack that open at the end of Feb so I can check how it!!!8217;s going.

Still waiting for my PA survey money to hit my account and will need to check topcashback too.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Done the shopping for the week. It came to a grand total of £38.28 :j this is quite good for us seeing as we normally spend £45-£55 a week.

We only have one more food shop to do as we are holiday for one week. We have £91.90p left in the food shopping envelope. Next month we will still take the normal amount out so we will have a bigger pot for March.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Yesterday was a NSD (other than the planned for shopping spend which came out the monthly food pot)

I frequently have NSD over the weekend as I have my weekends planned out and sometime it involves not leaving the house! :D
  • jemreading
    Options
    The weekend was a whole no spend weekend, managed to keep out of trouble! :D

Me and My OH went out with work friends for lunch on Monday, it cost me £11.60 - I paid for both and my OH is paying for breakfast on Saturday.

I spent 20p on Wednesday to buy a pack of crisps with my lunch. I also spent £3.30 today.

I may need to buy a pack of crisps tomorrow for lunch. I have wraps at lunch but as we go on holiday on Monday we are not doing a full food shop so are trying to get through our main bits. Planned to have stirfry tomorrow and then pizza on Saturday

The food shopping budget has dropped a bit as my OH did a run to Aldi on Monday to get his !!!8220;health!!!8221; snacks that he didn!!!8217;t pick up on Saturday (when we were there he said he didn!!!8217;t want snacks :o )
  • jemreading
    Options
    Went out for lunch at work yesterday (OH paid) so I paid for breakfast this morning.

My parents sent me the first direct debit payment for the wedding which has been moved straight into a different savings account.

I have £23 left in my main account and some in my own savings account. I won!!!8217;t really need to spend anymore money this month as I!!!8217;m away next week and then when we return it will be 2 days until payday :D

I!!!8217;ve been helping some friends who have been struggling recently with their budgets so we all say round together for a quick 30 minutes to discuss things and help encourage each other, which really helped :D

We won!!!8217;t need dinner or breakfast on Sunday night and Monday morning as we are taking stuff to the hotel with us before we leave the country. My OH will be paying for Petrol and I have a few pounds in my purse to buy a bottle of water at the airport.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Looking forward to going on holiday tomorrow. No more spending to be done (in pounds at least) and when I return it will be 3 days until payday.

Any left over holiday money will just be rolled over to the next time we need to use Euros. This will be our holiday in October, however, I don't anticipate bringing too much home.

I will try and update as I go along but may be taking a week break.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Nearing the end of the holiday and finding time to relax in the hotel. I!!!8217;m pretty sure I!!!8217;ve done over 100,000 steps in 5 days! :D

Being on holiday has made me realise that I!!!8217;m lucky to be living in the E-Midlands. Prices are much more reasonable!!!

This holiday has been really expensive (although we had the money to do the things we wanted) and I!!!8217;ve started to begrudge paying for meals out!

We went to local supermarkets and brought breakfast supplies and snacks, however, dinner is still coming to about !!!8364;40-!!!8364;60 and that is normally for: two mains, a bottle of water, a glass of wine and two desserts.

We!!!8217;ve done some lovely things on holiday and seen some wonderful things but I am looking forward to getting back home and into the swing of saving again.

My bank account is also ticking along. I have enough change in my purse to get a bottle of water for the car journey home on Sunday :) and enough money in the food shopping budget to do a week worth of shopping!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Finally back in the Country. Been back home an hour and have already unpacked, tidied up, went food shopping and put food shopping away.

We spent £45.20 at shopping meaning we have £15.80 left to carry over into next months food budget :D Happy with that result.

Also going to cash out on topcashback - £10.57 will go straight to wedding savings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure