Notice period help!!!

Options
Hi,

I am currently working my 4 week notice period at work, and on my last week i have only been put down for 14 of my 23 contracted hours, even though there is enough days to get all of my hours in, where do i stand on this with pay? do they only have to pay me for the 14 hours i will be working that week even though they could of fitted all my contracted hours in? or do they have to pay me for the full 23 hours that i am contracted?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it because you have any holiday pay left to use ?

Its a bit odd if thats not the case.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    They have to pay you for your 23 hours.

However.... have you worked out your holiday entitlement? Is it possible that they are forcing you to use your accrued holiday to make up the other 9 hours, as is their right? (You still get paid for 23 hrs, but 9 hrs are your holiday.)

(Cross posted with DCF - and the 'thanks' button is missing so I can't thank)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure