We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Closed current account that wasn't mine?
WillowCat
Posts: 974 Forumite
Have opened up a noddle account, to have a look at my credit file. To my shame it's the first time in about 5 years I've done this.
I noticed a current account with Barclays. I've never had an account with them. It was closed in 2015 and is marked as settled with a balance of zero. It also shows that it was opened in 1997, and an 'account holder start date' of 2007. The address was my mother's, which I had briefly used for post in 2010 - 2012.
After much racking of brains I remembered that for a couple of months before her demise I had been power of attorney for my grandmothers account with Barclays, and the closure date ties in with the date I closed the account.
Given that it shows as settled should I bother getting this taken off my file? Or do accounts where you have LPA show on your credit report?
I noticed a current account with Barclays. I've never had an account with them. It was closed in 2015 and is marked as settled with a balance of zero. It also shows that it was opened in 1997, and an 'account holder start date' of 2007. The address was my mother's, which I had briefly used for post in 2010 - 2012.
After much racking of brains I remembered that for a couple of months before her demise I had been power of attorney for my grandmothers account with Barclays, and the closure date ties in with the date I closed the account.
Given that it shows as settled should I bother getting this taken off my file? Or do accounts where you have LPA show on your credit report?
0
Comments
-
It shouldn't have any negative impact, maybe even some positive but generally nothing to bother yourself about.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards