Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,908 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    julicorn wrote: »
    Had 2 studies this morning! One in German, £1.50 plus some pretty decent bonus payments (I hope at least!) and this one:

Being the HR Manager: A work simulation study
    Hosted by psy.uq.edu.au
    £2.6030 minutes £5.20/hr 34 places remaining

Was quite interesting actually, something a little different from your usual survey :)

I couldn't get into the pretend email account....no doubt my submission will be rejected. Did you have a problem with that?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,974 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Had 2 studies this morning! One in German, £1.50 plus some pretty decent bonus payments (I hope at least!) and this one:

Being the HR Manager: A work simulation study
    Hosted by psy.uq.edu.au
    £2.6030 minutes £5.20/hr 34 places remaining

Was quite interesting actually, something a little different from your usual survey :)
    Mir! wrote: »
    I couldn't get into the pretend email account....no doubt my submission will be rejected. Did you have a problem with that?

I also had that one. It flipped to the other half automatically after 10 minutes. Was quite interesting.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yeah, the flipping between the two tasks (answering emails and proposing solutions to a problem) happened automatically, so I had no control over that part of it. :) Are you saying the email account just didn't work for you when you switched to that task? Might be worth messaging the researcher if you stuck with it but it just didn't work.
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • julicorn
    Options
    Mine flipped back and forth every 3.33 minutes btw, so I'm guessing how often it switched may have been different for different groups. :)
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,908 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah, the flipping between the two tasks (answering emails and proposing solutions to a problem) happened automatically, so I had no control over that part of it. :)Are you saying the email account just didn't work for you when you switched to that task? Might be worth messaging the researcher if you stuck with it but it just didn't work.

Yes...couldn't get username/password combo to work. In the end I convinced myself it was a bluff and they were measuring stress!!! Anyhoo, I left a note in the message box at the end as I only managed to complete half the survey. :(
  • julicorn
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Yes...couldn't get username/password combo to work. In the end I convinced myself it was a bluff and they were measuring stress!!! Anyhoo, I left a note in the message box at the end as I only managed to complete half the survey. :(

How weird! Mine were already filled in (username and password were the same, it was just something like 'participant123456' - not exactly of course, but that sort of thing).
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Anyone had problems with login, for past few days mine has been saying e mail and password required highlighted in red, when it's already filled in.
  • allison445
    Options
    Response options study E - ScHARR
    Hosted by sheffield.ac.uk
    £1.2010 minutes £7.20/hr 161 places remaining
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Leadership Study 2
    Hosted by kent.ac.uk
    £1.67 20 minutes £5.01/hr 56 places remaining
  • [Deleted User]
    Options