Changing My Career - Need Advice On What I Want

Options
Good Afternoon

I have been working as a Recruitment Consultant for around 9 years now but I do not enjoy it. I have become very distant from the role and I wake up in the morning knowing I will not enjoy the day.

I am 25 and want to find a career in something where I will wake up in the morning and think to myself, I am looking forward to work today knowing I am doing something I enjoy.

As they say it is never too late so I hope that isn't the case as I now want to take that plunge and find out what it is I would enjoy and pursue that career, even if it means (which it most likely will) starting out at the bottom.

My question is how do I find out what it is I would enjoy for a career? I have tried those online career test things which have been no help what so ever if I am being honest.

Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction of what or who I would need to speak to to help me realise what it is I would be interested in for my career and what the next steps would be?

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    What are you qualified in. I'm assuming with 9 years experience at 25 you didn't get A Levels or a degree if you started this job at 16?

Would you be interested in retraining?
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I presume people don't come to you to ask for career advice as part of your recruitment consultancy?

You could try browsing here and maybe make an appointment with one of their advisors.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure