2»

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    jumper12 wrote: »
    The Green one.

So do you guys think they should pay..?

It was a contracted day and the contracted hrs fell over the nightshift hours. They were the ones who decided not to open until later then they normally would. Some staff didn't even know it was opening late and were sat in the car park from 5am - 7am waiting.
    What we think isn't relevant. What your contract says is. And policy, which forms part of your contract. So it depends whether anyou have absolute right to that allowance or not. Given the employer, I'd bet not. Do you get it if off sick or on holiday? If not there's no absolute right to the allowance. In which case, probably not. And much as everyone here will tell you I am union through and through, I doubt the union can do anything with that employer. When they first bought that firm they attempted to ban unionisation, against the law, and didn't care. It went to court. They knew they'd lose. They didn't care. They tried anyway. So if the union can't move then, will you, the union be taking industrial action? This employer understands only one thing. Power. They have it. Are you going to take it off them? Believe me, I'm waiting for that day...
  • jumper12
    jumper12 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    They sure are the worlds worst employer.

Check out the GMB London facebook page if you haven't already.
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2018 at 12:30AM
    Options
    when i worked at asda the whole shop shut on Easter Sunday. Sunday was one of my normal shifts. Their rule was, shop not open, no pay. So if I wanted paying, I had to put in a day's holday.

edit: i see you are in the green one.
  • jumper12
    Options
    I think Easter Sunday is by law so it's different. I don't think by law they have to pay you on that day. However when THEY decide to shut I think it's a different case, hence why everyone was still paid from 7am when the store actually opened or in my case I was even though I start at 5 and I still went home at 10am.
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    how much are you talking about because if you keep pushing it you will end up with a target on your head. We had a people manager who screwed up what they were classing a Boxing Day as one year and there were ructions on because.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure