mis sold mortgage

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
4 replies 1.4K views
thepernodqueenthepernodqueen Forumite
1 Post
Hi has anyone got money back from being sold an intrest only mortgage from the site that is all over face book ? Thanks

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they advertise on Facebook, no.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi has anyone got money back from being sold an intrest only mortgage from the site that is all over face book ? Thanks

The general position of the FOS is that they reject complaints about interest only mortgages without a repayment vehicle that were taken out prior to the credit crunch. There are virtually no successes on this front and the FOS have criticised the claims companies that generate these sorts of fake complaints.

This is why there are so few CMCs active in this area. Those that are tend to hit the consumer with charges. Sometimes up front (like £495) but usually a month or two later they tell you that you have a case but their solicitors need money to be able to progress further. it is complete BS but that is how they make their money. It is modelled on advance fee fraud.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    the site that is all over face book ?
    Facebook provides personally tailored advertising, so there is no way for anyone here to know which firm you might be referencing. It might well be "all over" your Facebook, not so much on others!

However, I'd take very serious note of Dunston's warnings above about paying anything upfront to this firm.

It's very likely to be a futile and potentially expensive exercise.
  • phillwphillw Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

How were you missold?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals