Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Options

Comments

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oops,another long post to rival the Bayeux tapestry. Sorry!
    sounds like you (and your tapestry) were stitched up today

better luck tomorrow
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you had the day from down below but your post was so entertaining it made me laugh at least. Apologies.

Glad I made someone happy today,even though it wasnt me!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • dustydigger
    Options
    mark88man wrote: »
    sounds like you (and your tapestry) were stitched up today

better luck tomorrow

:rotfl::rotfl:
    well at least I got through it without an arrow in the eye like poor Harold.
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh Dusty! What a post... There's always something, or in your case a hundred things :rotfl: Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    Options
    lonelyrat wrote: »
    Oh Dusty! What a post... There's always something, or in your case a hundred things :rotfl: Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

It was certainly an epic post,wasnt it. And actually there were several more things but I got too tired to add them
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Slightly better day today,the gastric gruesomeness has abated,the itchy ear is improving.and all in all I feel less grumpy today.Still doing no housework,wiped the benches and hoovered and that was it. am doing a bit more reading

Mind you I thought I had slept like Rip Van Winkle a bit when I woke this morning and wondered if I had missed a season.Gale force winds were stripping the leaves from the huge poplar(or beech?,cant tell the difference) tree next door. Our garden is completely covered in leaves as if it is autumn.Very unusual

I went shopping this afternoon and was amazed that Ald!,normally seething on a Thursday afternoon,was almost empty.The main shopping street was almost deserted too,and the shopkeepers were blaming the wind.Or maybe the football? Anyway I was happy to have two heavy bags which stopped me from being blown away!:rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad today was better Dusty, I am an avid follower of your diary, and I love it. Looking forward to see you reaching your savings goals. I am starting a passport fund as well, mine expires next June.

Here's to a pleasant evening.
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wind was incredible today... Went for a walk along a big loch and was having a jolly good time watching the various different waterfowl deal with the wind... Also so many seagulls trying, and failing, to take off! Very fun indeed but trees were definitely losing branches left right and centre.

Glad you had a better day :o
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    Options
    Oh boy,how I love football - NOT. I am stuck here while Mr Dusty is watching the first of no less than THREE matches on today.:eek::eek: He gets offended if I want to leave the room,since he enjoys imparting his football opinions to someone and who else is there but me?Dont I know its rude not to be a companion to your husband?Why do I want to bury my head in a book or on the computer all the time? Oh yeah,but when he is lurking in his den for hours the devoted companion is surplus to requirements isnt she?Men:mad:
    So I am mumbling would be interested sounds while mentally switching off.:p
    Ah well,one match down,and only 38 (I think) to go:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh boy,how I love football - NOT. I am stuck here while Mr Dusty is watching the first of no less than THREE matches on today.:eek::eek: He gets offended if I want to leave the room,since he enjoys imparting his football opinions to someone and who else is there but me?Dont I know its rude not to be a companion to your husband?Why do I want to bury my head in a book or on the computer all the time? Oh yeah,but when he is lurking in his den for hours the devoted companion is surplus to requirements isnt she?Men:mad:
    So I am mumbling would be interested sounds while mentally switching off.:p
    Ah well,one match down,and only 38 (I think) to go:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure