Volunteers needed for Sunday Telegraph Article on Mortgage free wannabes!

MSE_JennyMSE_Jenny MSE Staff
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
The Sunday Telegraph is doing a big article on mortgage free wannabes and the journalist would really like to chat to people who have either already done it or have a target and are currently trying.

It would be great if some of you wanted to get involved and share your tips with others. So if you’re a mortgage free wannabe or have already got rid of your mortgage, please can you PM me your name and telephone number.

Thanks

Jenny

Replies

• busy_bbusy_b Forumite
    126 Posts
    Sorry if I'm posting in wrong place but here goes...

I am in a position where I want to pay off my mortgage of 36k and be mortgage free, however, I haven't got the nerve to do it.

I have sold a second property and could just about pay off the 36k with the money but then it's gone forever! (I'll never get those kind of savings again).

Through this site, I was advised to offset all my savings and therefore clear the mortgage (in my head) but still have access to the savings.

I don't know if that's the right solution but as a mortgage free wannabe with the potential of clearing my mortgage, I still don't know what to do...
  • setmefree2setmefree2 Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure we want the banks and building societies to know we exist do we?:p Might think we're giving people the wrong idea.:D
  • Kaz2904Kaz2904 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Would the paper want to name and shame us? It's just that so many of us find we get slated for wanting to clear the mortgage and it wouldn't look that good to have
    "Mrs Kaz2904 wants to pay off her mortgage because she hates her job and wants to quit"
    would it?
    I wouldn't mind posting some tips though otherwise but I expect people who read it will just think that we're a load of crackpots!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides