PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    GQ don't worry aboit mankiness for recycling plastic - it will be sterilised as part of the process x
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GQ

Thanks for the information as I had been feeling horribly guilty and worried that I had poisoned my family,

Hoping that the cough means it was a virus as I feel like Lucrezia Borgia.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    GQ don't worry aboit mankiness for recycling plastic - it will be sterilised as part of the process x
    :) Thank you for that, I do hate the idea of waste. The washed-up bottle is presently parked upside down on a stick to drip-dry at the plots. It shall go into the recycling stream now.

Elona, if you have a conscience, you're no Borgia.;)

Righty, am now bathed and looking almost like Office Barbie as opposed to Allotment Barbie, so will be fit to be seen in public tomoz.

Heading offline to rest my eyes before bedtime, have a good one, everybody. GQ xx
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elona, sorry you've had such a bad day, that sounds awful :(

GQ - I had a brief exchange with an American woman, a qualified scientist, a few years ago, who runs this site: https://duckweedgardening.com/
    She doesn't update it any more, last post is a year old, but what she doesn't know about duckweed isn't worth knowing!

My own kondo-ing is just long grass, and the fresh shoots of brambles that come from those root tips not dug up the first time of trying, like we talked about on here a few weeks back.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2018 at 10:04PM
    Options
    Elona - that sounds horrendous! Hope u r feeling better!

Everyone else - thanks! So, living room & kitchen including all food cupboards & freezer kondoed, all the houseplants repotted & new herbs planted.

I!!!8217;m trying to reduce my meat consumption & trying to reduce waste/plastics/packaging so I!!!8217;ve started making my own vegan oat milk, am slowly replacing my plastic storage stuff with recycled glass coffee jars, plastic utensils with wooden ones & plastic containers with ceramic ones.

To that end, I!!!8217;m trying to use up my stockpile of random toiletries & trying to make do & not buy more specific stuff. Finally got through my Lush shampoo bar & conditioner bar after a year & 6 months respectively so I bought replacements but I!!!8217;m using my various soaps & solid bars as shower gel & handsoap.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just realised that my attempt at layering my clematis is doomed to failure as I pinched out the growing tip.......... why did I do that?!

Hey ho, I'll just have to see if I can find another suitable stalk I can use, although that could be a bit difficult as most of them have reached about 6 ft high already.

Stupid, stupid, stupid........
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Elona, I hope you slept well last night and are feeling much better, though probably fragile

GQ I worry about you doing too much manhandling, then again I know you know your limits

It sounds very much as though it is tail wagging dog time for those of us with gardens and allotments, very worth it, it all makes for a much easier summer, if we get it done now. I kondoed almost every small plantlet this morning, all except kales, swede seeds and a few lettuce spares. All beds are just about planted, watered and ready for a few cooler days and a bit of rain to settle them. Pots and root trainers all washed, while they were easy.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Elona I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning x

I kondoed my clothes again on Friday, as there seemed to be mo space to put my winter ones away. It was as if the clothes in the drawer had been breeding while I wasn't looking! Anyway, 2 big bags went to the Hospice shop and the clothes in my wardrobe aren't looking squashed any more :j
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Went to put a vest style top on today (as it is so warm!) and remembered why I haven't worn them - not long enough - so into the chazza bag along with the other two (came as a pack of three!) - that has freed up a smidgeon of space in the drawer so may re-arrange it to make it easier to find the stuff I want!
    Must use my stash up!
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    PollyWollyDoodle Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I pulled out the big drawer in my wardrobe that holds shoes - not that many these days - I was horrified to see a manky pair of winter shoes, they have holes in the sole and I replaced them last year, but I've a feeling I was keeping them 'in case the new ones aren't as comfortable'. Honestly. They are in the bin, not good enough for CS.

Today I did a mini-Kondo of my recipe file, after searching vainly for something last week. I've tried to be realistic about what I'm likely to make, (pastry with instant mash in it - what was I thinking?) and I think some of these were aspirational cut-out-and-keep! I rediscovered some old favourites, including the one I was looking for last week. They're all filed in categories now, and next time I'm menu planning I should have some new ideas.

I hope you feel better Elona. I was about to say the same as GQ, we always blame the last thing we ate before being taken ill, but as often as not it's something completely unrelated. If nobody else was ill it's unlikely to be your lasagne.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure