PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 13th January 2018

Options

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hollyharvey was it you having difficulty with the site kicking you out of threads and telling you that you did not have permission to view? This has happened to me all week, I thought I must be doing something wrong.
    Yes it is me. It keeps kicking me out when I try to like a post. If I post it says that I have made a duplicate post within the past 5 minutes and kicks me out. Sometimes when I click on a thread it tells me that I don't have permission to access it, it has done it with this thread a number of times. I have posted on the site feedback forum. A few other people seem to be having problems as well.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    AOD & Holly i reported this yesterday and am still waiting for a response...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Have a real fit of the blues at the moment, the weather isn't helping as it seems to be wall to wall greyness every day, oh for some bright sunshine, don't care how cold it is!
    Sleep is evading me too, was up at 6am to get to the yard so will now have a warm bath and maybe go back to bed for a while.

Have a good day folks x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to those in need.

The fire had gone out by the time got up, I've relit it so hopefully the boat will warm up soon.

Our neighbours have gone, they have moved on to the cut, roll on the new engine being fitted and we can do the same.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Couldnt understand why my finger wasnt getting any better till I took a closer look. I saw a glint of something that shouldnt be there. I got the tweezers and pulled a slither of metal out....Blasted paint coated cheap knives..never again. Its now in its protective sleeve and in the bin.

Was awake most of the night coughing me guts up and searching google for home made remedies for being bunged up.

As you can imagine, im not at my best today. Only got shopping and feeding the men to do. Neither of them seem concerned that I might pass on what ive got. Serve them right if I do. Still, I could just refuse and cope with the splatters of fat all over the cooker or demand they clean it up and risk another argument.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Jackie O so sorry to hear of Frank's passing but glad he is out of pain now, sending love to you all xx

Got a load in the wm which can be hung out for a while today and I will put a towel load in later on, OH is bottling the beer brew kit he got for his birthday and which has been bubbling away since xmas.

I need to have a quick tidy round this morning and then a run out to Aldi and get some shopping in for the week. I also need to get some painters mate to go round the top of the skirting. OH is also going to finish the sockets in the kitchen.

Will get dinner for tonight in Aldi I might get one of there coated chickens and have it with some chips.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Jackie, sad to hear that Frank passed away but that his passing was peaceful with his wife and daughter there. No more pain for him. My prayers are with his family and especially with Margaret as she copes with life without him.

OH spent a very mixed and miserable day yesterday, dizzy and nauseous but the problem from the day before has partially resolved so thats something. I did manage to get him into the shower last night. Went to bed myself and was so exhausted I put the light out just after 10pm, woke a couple of times during the night but managed to get back to sleep.

Judi.... I have no help with OH, manage on my own. His son rarely calls and to be honest he is too involved with his latest lady friend.

My youngest daughter who lives in the town gives me what help she can, but works, she does not drive and our village is not the easiest place to get to at the best of times. My eldest daughter also works, looks after her grandson part time now his Mum has had to go back to work and also cares for her father, she has her hands full. Our travelling preacher friends have been very good, J will shop for me and I know if I need them to they will come and sit with OH if I have to go out for any length of time.

I am so thankful I bought the new dryer before Christmas it has been a godsend with so much laundry to do. I washed the towels this morning and they are airing off now. Apart from keeping the kitchen and wet room clean I do very little else, the cleaners are due again this coming Friday. I do cook from scratch each day, or rake out something I have previously cooked from the freezer. Today we are having casserole chicken with rice. I will cook all the chicken and then freeze half of it against another supper. I really need to go through the kitchen freezer and sort out the drawers, they are very untidy, I have been rummaging for things and not put the drawers back tidy.

OH is asleep, waiting for him to wake and see about getting up for an hour or so this morning. I need to dry the breakfast pots and put them away, then its cuppa and feet up time.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning campers :wave:

Guess I'm due a late mark against my name today :o I was up about 7.30 but time just ran away with me. Have done my befriending call and been searching for the best deal for a mobile for mum. She has decided she wants one in her own words "because everyone else has one other than me":rotfl: and remind me how old we are again ...baby sees baby wants :D Anyway Im using the opportunity to get her a Doro phone which is designed for oldies for ease of use. It has an emergency button so if I can get her in the habit of carrying it around then if anything was to happen she can easily call me or the emergency services.The first challenge will be training her to use it ...despite training being my job I just know this will be the toughest delegate ever :cool:

Last night I had a freezer use up of a meat and potato pie with some chips and beans :) Tonight I am doing a new to me recipe of Lamb tandoori with chapatis, raita and cabbage slaw.Going to make the paste soon and let it marinade all day.

ordered a van delivery for today...first one of the year. I did have to add a few bits to make up the delivery min but I didn't get anything I wont use and today I want to stay in my scruffs and keep on with the house blitz.

Right time to crack on have a good day all :A
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi.... I have no help with OH, manage on my own. His son rarely calls and to be honest he is too involved with his latest lady friend.

What a selfish pig of a man your OH has of a Son Has he never heard the phrase 'many hands make light work?' Thank goodness you have a little help from the people closest to you though you could do with more....Still, physical help we cant give you but online support we can give you by the bucket loads here on this thread.

Many hugs.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:

I am wearing a few different 'hats' today, Steve has gone down with a nasty cold and has been up all night coughing, so I am wearing my nurse nightingale hat and looking after him, mainly keeping him supplied with cups of coffee and bacon sandwiches :D. I also wanted to cook today so I am wearing my chef's hat and have made a chicken korma from scratch, even grinding the spices and stuff and have just pulled a custard cream cheesecake out of my instant pot. I have washed and put away all our clothes and next I have to strip the bed and wash the sheets etc.

All of this is pure distraction therapy as I had a very distressing phone call from Becky last night. The hospital is going to definitely discharge her on Tuesday and she was sobbing saying she wasn't ready to come home yet. I feel so helpless, I have contacted the ward to tell them what she said but they just fobbed me off with the phrase "all children get anxious when it is time to leave the ward". I am not stupid, I get that she is very worried about not having the security of hospital but when my daughter is telling me that she will not be safe at home, my stress levels rocket. Anyway, I am going to wait until Monday and find out what care package they are going to offer her at home. I can't get to the big meeting on Tuesday but they will ring me afterwards to tell me the outcome.

I am going back into the germ ridden living room and get on with some knitting in a bit. I have ordered a pattern to make an orangutan bag and a baby orangutan to go in it so that will keep me busy as well.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to and loads of hugs for the sad and poorly too xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure