IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Got POPLA Code but don't think it will win

Options
Hi, sorry if this shouldn't be a new thread, posting on behalf of my son
he works at various different sites, when at one particular site (once a week or so) he would use a particular carpark and pay online before leaving his digs. This one particular day wifi was down and he had no data so his intention was to pay at the carpark, he forgot and received a pcn.
We followed all the advice and have just received a POPLA Code. He did not admit to being the driver.
Along with The POPLA Code is a list of dates/times my son had previously paid for the same carpark (presumably to show that he knew he had to pay) also a list of other car registration numbers and the times they paid on the day in question (this to presumably show the pay machine was working for an hour either side of the time my son entered the carpark)
I feel he should bite the bullet on this one but would be greatful for advice

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why are they retaining his data from other visits? , have they used this data instead of using the DVLA (as they should?)

you have not said the company , some will fight some are reluctant to pay the £27 POPLa fee ,

however if you fight and loose take heart that the £100 will only be £73 after they pay popla

who is the company?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you read the thread that tells Newbies to read it first? If not I suggest you do. There are many legal arguments to use at POPLA which is why the majority of appeals succeed.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I feel he should bite the bullet on this one
    I would never tell a sprog of mine to do that. I disagree...but which PPC is it?
    he works at various different sites, when at one particular site (once a week or so) he would use a particular carpark and pay online before leaving his digs. This one particular day wifi was down and he had no data so his intention was to pay at the carpark, he forgot and received a pcn.
    He'd lose if he argues at POPLA like that! But he won't be arguing like that, nor paying even if he loses.

Not someone weak like APCOA or NCP is it?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 January 2018 at 10:42PM
    Options
    You could always check to see if, and by whom, DVLA have been used for keeper details.

Only takes sending an email and is free.
  • griffga
    griffga Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies and sorry to not reply sooner

yes we have read the newbies thread but can't hurt to read it again

the company is euro car parks, I don't know why they retain data, the details of previous payments go back to July

are you saying that they shouldn't retain his details?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've ignored Euro Car Parks several times before POPLA even existed.

ECP admitted in a national newspaper that they have no clue about litigation and they almost never sue anyone.
    are you saying that they shouldn't retain his details?
    There are rules about fair storage and use of data in the DPA. Have a read, but don't waste time on this too much.

Show us the draft POPLA appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • griffga
    griffga Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    ok thank you
    I'll get a draft together now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts