New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Finally moving the SIPP

71 replies 9.6K views
1234568»

Replies

• cloud_dogcloud_dog Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    (This only relates to stocks; ITs, ETFs, and share investments)

Based on the migration to their new(ish) online trading platform for SIPP accounts and the RI trading charge of £1.50 per trade, I followed up with Fidleity to see how RI charges would be managed. The reason for this is that Fidelity (like most I believe) process/invest RI (monthly) in two stages; the first being the net contribution with a following transaction for the associated tax relief.

Under the new charging structure for RI (£1.50 per trade) this makes the cost associated with the tax relief amount a far higher percentage of the amount than I would ideally prefer. Currently depositing £200 so, £50 TR works out as 3%. Even the percentage for the £200 contribution is higher than I usually like (aim for less than 0.25% for dealing charges).

I may re-assess the RI, and potentially deposit as cash and then invest periodically.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone