Need urgent help and advise

Hi

I am writing this really on behalf of my partner however it concerns me too. My partner brought a car back in February that was paid for by a credit card, in the hope that he would get a loan straight away and just transfer the debt. However due a default that appears on his credit report he was turned down.

Now the default dates back to almost 3 years ago and apart from that we can not see anything else which is wrong. Now being niave he kept calling and calling various companies in the hope of getting a loan, this has obviously resulted in numerous credit searches and has probably decreased his chances.

So to cut a long story short what with the car and other expenses he is now £9k in debt. Can anyone suggest what can be done as the interest on these cards is crippling him and due to his record it is a slim chance (I would imagine) that he will be able to get another credit card.

We are both really worried about things and it is effecting other parts of our lives. Please help as we feel so low and desperate!!!!

Comments

• idiot_3
    idiot_3 Posts: 136 Forumite
    can you sell the car (even if it is at a bit of a loss) and buy a cheaper one? if you cannot afford the payments then you cannot really afford a 9k car. and as it is on cred card, not hp then there is nothing to stop you selling it.

(sorry if this seems harsh.)
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Get advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income